Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 2, 2020, 20:40   #81
Thraalbee
Knight
 
Thraalbee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 595
Thraalbee is on a distinguished road
Use it and see! A bit like chaos branded but more ... wild
Thraalbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4, 2020, 13:22   #82
lea2501
Scout
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 48
lea2501 is on a distinguished road
I'm failing to find a source to read about the "Score" the weapons has, like, coming from vanilla angband, im confused on not seeing the average damage a weapon does, and the amount of attacks i could give in a giving turn.
lea2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4, 2020, 14:36   #83
Sideways
Knight
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 674
Sideways is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lea2501 View Post
I'm failing to find a source to read about the "Score" the weapons has, like, coming from vanilla angband, im confused on not seeing the average damage a weapon does, and the amount of attacks i could give in a giving turn.
Your average damage per round and blows per round with your current weapon(s) are shown on your Character Sheet (press Cm) as well as in the Knowledge Menu (~W). The "score" of a weapon (or any other item) is simply its nominal value; it matters if you sell or buy or reforge or insure or alchemize it, and is a rough indicator of how good the item is, but the highest-scoring item isn't always the best fit for your equipment.
__________________
The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4, 2020, 15:02   #84
lea2501
Scout
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 48
lea2501 is on a distinguished road
ah thank you so much for that! another thing im not finding, its a way to move the stats to the left instead of the right, i played angband for so long that its so difficult to get used to it being on the right, also i play both games and i would want both having the stats on the left, its there a way to do so?
lea2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4, 2020, 15:13   #85
Sideways
Knight
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 674
Sideways is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lea2501 View Post
ah thank you so much for that! another thing im not finding, its a way to move the stats to the left instead of the right, i played angband for so long that its so difficult to get used to it being on the right, also i play both games and i would want both having the stats on the left, its there a way to do so?
No; the stats can't be on the left in FrogComposband because there are multiple message lines, and if the stat sidebar were on the left it would get overwritten by messages all the time. (Message lines starting to the side would solve this problem, of course, but they would also look extremely ugly.) Vanilla Angband only has a single message line, which occupies the otherwise empty top row, so it can place the stat sidebar wherever it wants.
__________________
The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4, 2020, 15:16   #86
lea2501
Scout
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 48
lea2501 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
No; the stats can't be on the left in FrogComposband because there are multiple message lines, and if the stat sidebar were on the left it would get overwritten by messages all the time. (Message lines starting to the side would solve this problem, of course, but they would also look extremely ugly.) Vanilla Angband only has a single message line, which occupies the otherwise empty top row, so it can place the stat sidebar wherever it wants.
ah! thank you for that, i just starting a few days back to play FrogComposBand and im enjoying it so much, that that will not be a problem after a while i think.

im playing a chaos high-mage, and i love the option of coffe-break, with no wilderness, i will try that when my current character die.

I saw that the first dungeon close to the town is called Warrens, its not "Angband" from vanilla angband, right?
lea2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4, 2020, 15:25   #87
Sideways
Knight
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 674
Sideways is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lea2501 View Post
ah! thank you for that, i just starting a few days back to play FrogComposBand and im enjoying it so much, that that will not be a problem after a while i think.

im playing a chaos high-mage, and i love the option of coffe-break, with no wilderness, i will try that when my current character die.

I saw that the first dungeon close to the town is called Warrens, its not "Angband" from vanilla angband, right?
No, Warrens is the smallest and easiest dungeon. The dungeon of Angband, where Oberon and the Serpent of Chaos lurk, is northeast of Morivant (you can refer to the map at ?ag, where it's highlighted, if you have trouble locating it on the normal overworld map).

In coffee-break mode Angband is the only dungeon.
__________________
The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4, 2020, 15:42   #88
lea2501
Scout
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 48
lea2501 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
No, Warrens is the smallest and easiest dungeon. The dungeon of Angband, where Oberon and the Serpent of Chaos lurk, is northeast of Morivant (you can refer to the map at ?ag, where it's highlighted, if you have trouble locating it on the normal overworld map).

In coffee-break mode Angband is the only dungeon.
So far im loving also the fact that different down stairs, lead to different dungeons branches, in vanilla angband all down stairs lead to the same dungeon and are not permanent if you go back. Its very different and also very nice.

Other question, the latest Frog version is based in which vanilla version?
lea2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4, 2020, 15:55   #89
Sideways
Knight
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 674
Sideways is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lea2501 View Post
So far im loving also the fact that different down stairs, lead to different dungeons branches, in vanilla angband all down stairs lead to the same dungeon and are not permanent if you go back. Its very different and also very nice.

Other question, the latest Frog version is based in which vanilla version?
I believe ZAngband 2.0.0, the direct ancestor of Frog, was forked from Vanilla Angband 2.8.1; so all versions of FrogComposband (and Composband and PosChengband and Chengband and Hengband, and ZAngband from 2.0.0 up) are ultimately based on V 2.8.1. Of course, they have come quite a long way since then...
__________________
The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4, 2020, 16:16   #90
lea2501
Scout
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 48
lea2501 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
I believe ZAngband 2.0.0, the direct ancestor of Frog, was forked from Vanilla Angband 2.8.1; so all versions of FrogComposband (and Composband and PosChengband and Chengband and Hengband, and ZAngband from 2.0.0 up) are ultimately based on V 2.8.1. Of course, they have come quite a long way since then...
Wow now i understand so many differences from say current vanilla, so they have splitted a lot now for sure
lea2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
frogcomposband


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[Announce] FrogComposband 7.1.liquorice released Sideways Variants 115 July 21, 2020 15:07
[Announce] FrogComposband 7.1.chocolate released Sideways Variants 86 February 23, 2020 01:04
[Announce] FrogComposband 7.1.toffee released Sideways Variants 129 July 18, 2019 14:22
[Announce] FrogComposband 7.0.nougat released Sideways Variants 152 November 6, 2018 12:16
[Announce] FrogComposband 7.0.mango released Sideways Variants 133 August 3, 2018 10:53


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.