Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 25, 2010, 21:41   #11
Feloniousmonk
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 19
Feloniousmonk is on a distinguished road
Not quite sure if this is a bug. I've imported an old save file from 3.12v2. The stores were out of WOR, so I did what I always do. Go down one lvl and rest for a while until the store is restocked. But everytime I checked what the stores were selling under the new handy-dandy option it never changed, even after resting a ridiculous amount of time. It was only when I came back to the the town that the inventory of the stores changed. Normal? Not normal?
Feloniousmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25, 2010, 21:48   #12
d_m
Angband Devteam member
 
d_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA
Age: 39
Posts: 1,516
d_m is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feloniousmonk View Post
Not quite sure if this is a bug. I've imported an old save file from 3.12v2. The stores were out of WOR, so I did what I always do. Go down one lvl and rest for a while until the store is restocked. But everytime I checked what the stores were selling under the new handy-dandy option it never changed, even after resting a ridiculous amount of time. It was only when I came back to the the town that the inventory of the stores changed. Normal? Not normal?
This is working as expected.

The option reminds you what was in town the last time you checked--it isn't a magical portal into what the shopkeeper is selling at this exact moment.

Sorry for the confusion.
__________________
linux->xterm->screen->pmacs
d_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25, 2010, 21:51   #13
fph
Knight
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Berlin / Italy
Posts: 821
fph is on a distinguished road
If I am not mistaken, the new handy-dandy option is only a "reminder". It does not reflect the real content of the stores, it just records their content the last time you've hit them. It's functionally equivalent to writing down the content of the stores on a sheet of paper every time you visit them.
fph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25, 2010, 21:53   #14
Magnate
Angband Devteam member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 5,057
Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by fph View Post
If I am not mistaken, the new handy-dandy option is only a "reminder". It does not reflect the real content of the stores, it just records their content the last time you've hit them. It's functionally equivalent to writing down the content of the stores on a sheet of paper every time you visit them.
Exactly - this is noted in the new help document along with the other main changes (320.txt).
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2010, 01:34   #15
Timo Pietilš
Prophet
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Climbing up from hole I just dug.
Posts: 4,096
Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by will_asher View Post
sounds cool, I'll have to look at it for DAJ

What do you mean that some special rooms can be mini-vaults? Does that mean they get CAVE_ICKY?
It looks like those are in vault.txt, so they are ordinary vaults that just look like ordinary special rooms, no code to change special room to vault.
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2010, 04:14   #16
fizzix
Prophet
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, US
Posts: 3,002
fizzix is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo Pietilš View Post
It looks like those are in vault.txt, so they are ordinary vaults that just look like ordinary special rooms, no code to change special room to vault.
yeah, they were supposed to be a surprise, and I was kind of out of ideas for MVs. I also was caught a bit off-guard when those changes were added to HEAD. But people seem to like them.

Anyway, you let the cat out of the bag.
fizzix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2010, 05:32   #17
Lord Fell
Apprentice
 
Lord Fell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 89
Lord Fell is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo Pietilš View Post
Yes. No problem whatsoever.

Just remove comment in font.prf that is preventing reading the font-win.prf, that's all. You might want to change colors for permanent walls too.
Could I get you to post both of those explicitly here? I'm just not willing to hack those files unless I'm following someone else' instructions.
Lord Fell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2010, 06:02   #18
takkaria
Veteran
 
takkaria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,946
Donated: $40
takkaria is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Fell View Post
Could I get you to post both of those explicitly here? I'm just not willing to hack those files unless I'm following someone else' instructions.
Open font.prf. There's a single hash, '#', in front of a line that includes the text EQU and win (it's the only one in the file). Remove the #, save, and you're done.
__________________
takkaria whispers something about options. -more-
takkaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27, 2010, 04:12   #19
Lord Fell
Apprentice
 
Lord Fell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 89
Lord Fell is on a distinguished road
Great, thanks...

And how to change the colour of permanent rock to that nice light blue?
Lord Fell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27, 2010, 04:29   #20
MikeNew
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1
MikeNew is on a distinguished road
Knowledge bug?

In knowledge menu columns "sym" and "kills" emty, it's really sux. Please tell me how i can fix this? (May be by editing game files?)

MikeNew is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Angband 3.1.2 released! takkaria Vanilla 21 February 7, 2010 22:39
Angband 3.1.1 released takkaria Vanilla 107 September 24, 2009 03:56
Z+Angband 0.2.3 released Mangojuice Variants 58 October 29, 2008 19:37
Angband 3.0.9b released. takkaria Vanilla 3 April 12, 2008 11:58
Angband 3.0.9 released takkaria Vanilla 18 August 8, 2007 03:30


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.