Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 5, 2009, 15:41   #1
bebo
Adept
 
bebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Milan, Italy
Posts: 213
bebo is on a distinguished road
changes on resistance flags in char screen

I really like how now in the char screen acid, fire etc resistance is now displayed as rAcid, rFire, etc.

I was wondering why the change hasn't been made for all of the resistances (like chaos, disenchant and so on)?

As a side note, is there a purpose for the ImpSP line? As far as I know no item impairs SP regen atm? Maybe relative to plans on adding new curses soon?

PS - i love the new race changes! maybe give half-orcs, half-elves and elves some love too? they are hardly played atm
bebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5, 2009, 17:07   #2
takkaria
Veteran
 
takkaria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,947
Donated: $40
takkaria is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebo View Post
I really like how now in the char screen acid, fire etc resistance is now displayed as rAcid, rFire, etc.

I was wondering why the change hasn't been made for all of the resistances (like chaos, disenchant and so on)?
Mostly because it wouldn't fit.

Quote:
As a side note, is there a purpose for the ImpSP line? As far as I know no item impairs SP regen atm? Maybe relative to plans on adding new curses soon?
Not yet, no.
__________________
takkaria whispers something about options. -more-
takkaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5, 2009, 19:07   #3
will_asher
DaJAngband Maintainer
 
will_asher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 927
Donated: $10
will_asher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebo View Post
PS - i love the new race changes! maybe give half-orcs, half-elves and elves some love too? they are hardly played atm
When I read this I wondered "What race changes?". So I opened up the p_race.txt for V3.1.1 but the only thing I noticed that changed is that there are now entry slots for throwing and digging skill (which seem to be unused at the moment because throwing is always the same as shooting, and digging is always 0).

So I still wonder, what race changes?
__________________
Will_Asher

Play DaJAngband:
http://sites.google.com/site/dajangbandwebsite/home
will_asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5, 2009, 19:12   #4
Magnate
Angband Devteam member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 5,057
Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by will_asher View Post
When I read this I wondered "What race changes?". So I opened up the p_race.txt for V3.1.1 but the only thing I noticed that changed is that there are now entry slots for throwing and digging skill (which seem to be unused at the moment because throwing is always the same as shooting, and digging is always 0).

So I still wonder, what race changes?
He's not talking about 3.1.1 - the race changes are in trunk (r1611).
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5, 2009, 19:59   #5
Marble Dice
Swordsman
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Columbia, MO. USA
Posts: 405
Marble Dice is on a distinguished road
And they are:
  • Elves get a +3 to stealth instead of +1.
  • Hobbits auto-identify mushrooms.
  • Gnomes get +22 to devices instead of +12, and auto-identify wands and rods.
  • Dwarves get a +40 to digging, and can see treasure veins up to 3 tiles away when not suffering from status effects.
Marble Dice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
feature request: add home inventory stat modifiers/flags/etc bebo Vanilla 2 July 17, 2009 00:36
Too darn many flags. :-( PaulBlay Development 9 April 4, 2009 22:59
Monster friend/friends flags CunningGabe Vanilla 5 February 20, 2009 22:30
Fear (page 2 of char screen! NeoWizard Vanilla 8 February 5, 2009 19:23
What does Resistance do if you already have it? Aldous Vanilla 2 May 23, 2007 02:58


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.