Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old September 24, 2010, 14:45   #31
ewert
Knight

ewert is on a distinguished road
Ahh yes, I meant it more as a healing aide and for not-so-critical situations of course and for situations where the effects are more or less inconveniences rather than deadly right now.

Dunno though, now that I played some games with "noselling and superhomespace", I think it opened up a lot of room for me. I'd definitely gather the rods, enough of them and you could just fire em off after a phase etc. when fighting tougher mobs, saving towntrips to replenish CCW pots. And I guess it is more for the early game where you might actually not have the cash for infinite !ccw.
ewert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24, 2010, 20:13   #32
PowerDiver
Prophet

PowerDiver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewert View Post
And I guess it is more for the early game where you might actually not have the cash for infinite !ccw.
Even in the early game, would you save a single curing rod when preparing to recall knowing you could be taking home something to sell instead? I may be biased by my diving speed, but I'd expect to sell an item [say a random maul] for more money than any savings on !CCW on the next trip.
PowerDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24, 2010, 21:06   #33
d_m
Angband Devteam member

d_m is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerDiver View Post
Even in the early game, would you save a single curing rod when preparing to recall knowing you could be taking home something to sell instead? I may be biased by my diving speed, but I'd expect to sell an item [say a random maul] for more money than any savings on !CCW on the next trip.
I'm not a fast diver, but I have found it to be true in my case also (I was trying to use a rod of curing I found with a Dunedain warrior last night and after about five minutes I gave up and squelched it). There are just too many other things that are either useful or worth money.
Old September 24, 2010, 21:22   #34
ewert
Knight

ewert is on a distinguished road
I would have agreed a few weeks ago, but now that I tried a nobuying/selling type of game I think it changed my playstyle away from gather&sell, and so opened up more inventory space. Dunno, but it just feels a bit more fun to just play and not be "forced" to go up to sell so often.
ewert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24, 2010, 21:45   #35
PowerDiver
Prophet

Quote:
Dunno, but it just feels a bit more fun to just play and not be "forced" to go up to sell so often.
On that much we certainly agree.

The reason I won't ask for commit access to the V source is that I would feel obligated to remove selling entirely as my first action.

But for now, early gold drops are inadequate and prices keep going up, so selling is a huge deal.
Old September 24, 2010, 22:56   #36
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerDiver View Post
On that much we certainly agree.

The reason I won't ask for commit access to the V source is that I would feel obligated to remove selling entirely as my first action.
This is precisely what I hope will happen now we've moved to git: Eddie writes a no-selling branch and fixes gold drops, and takk pulls it into mainline ...
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26, 2010, 19:42   #37
PowerDiver
Prophet

Quote:
I would have agreed a few weeks ago, but now that I tried a nobuying/selling type of game I think it changed my playstyle away from gather&sell, and so opened up more inventory space. Dunno, but it just feels a bit more fun to just play and not be "forced" to go up to sell so often.
I keep forgetting that you are playing with no buying. A rod of CCW might be quite useful in that context in the early to mid game.

Tags
phial of galadriel