Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old September 26, 2011, 15:11   #1
fizzix
Prophet

fizzix is on a distinguished road
difficulty setting: no stores

Does anyone play with this difficulty setting? I was thinking of replacing it with a stores never restock option.
fizzix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27, 2011, 01:14   #2
Jungle_Boy
Swordsman

Jungle_Boy is on a distinguished road
Do you mean the no selling option or is it an option the removes stores altogether? I use the no-selling feature, have not used one that removes stores.
Old September 27, 2011, 01:32   #3
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
He means the no-stores-at-all feature. I've heard it mentioned in conjunction with a "I'd like an option that has the home but no stores", but I don't know if that means anyone's using the current option.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27, 2011, 02:07   #4
buzzkill
Prophet

Donated: $8
buzzkill is on a distinguished road
IMO it doesn't this need to be a real option. If one did want to play with no stores, one could just not use the stores. I couldn't imagine anyone getting very upset over it's removal even if they were using it.
Old September 27, 2011, 11:41   #5
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzkill View Post
IMO it doesn't this need to be a real option. If one did want to play with no stores, one could just not use the stores. I couldn't imagine anyone getting very upset over it's removal even if they were using it.
I've never heard of anyone using this option, and agree with buzzkill that it would not really be a problem if they were. I like the idea of the stores_never_restock option.
Old September 28, 2011, 01:29   #6
Chud
Swordsman

Chud is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
I've never heard of anyone using this option, and agree with buzzkill that it would not really be a problem if they were. I like the idea of the stores_never_restock option.
So, do they retain what you sell to them (if selling is on)? If their resale markup is high enough, that would make them essentially extra home storage space that you pay a fee for. It would probably need to be a hefty fee.

Maybe store prices could scale up with character level (inflation, you know), to help with the fact that after a certain point you basically have more money that you know what to do with and it no longer matters what anything costs.
Chud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28, 2011, 09:00   #7
Timo Pietilš
Prophet

Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chud View Post
So, do they retain what you sell to them (if selling is on)? If their resale markup is high enough, that would make them essentially extra home storage space that you pay a fee for. It would probably need to be a hefty fee.

Maybe store prices could scale up with character level (inflation, you know), to help with the fact that after a certain point you basically have more money that you know what to do with and it no longer matters what anything costs.
At high levels it shouldn't matter what the prices are, because all you might want to buy from stores are consumables and those should be common enough in dungeon. If they are not then buying them from stores is just a backup.
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28, 2011, 15:28   #8
fizzix
Prophet

fizzix is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chud View Post

My idea was that items sold to stores would disappear completely in this difficulty setting.
fizzix is offline   Reply With Quote