Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Development

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 19, 2010, 04:49   #41
Timo Pietilš
Prophet
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Climbing up from hole I just dug.
Posts: 4,096
Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo Pietilš View Post
Shop interface has extremely annoying bug: when you try to wear anything nothing happens until you are outside of the shop.

That makes this version unplayable.

R2045 didn't have this bug, so this is new. Please fix ASAP. Serious playtesting will be impossible before that happens.
Browsed trac bugs, but to my surprise this wasn't there. I have complained about it once before and I thought it had made it into trac.

Should I open a bug, or should some of the Dev-team open it? I feel that if one of you do it someone might actually do something to it.

Anyway, until this bug is fixed game is in practically unplayable condition. This kind of bugs are more serious than crashes (as long as crash doesn't corrupt savefile).
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2010, 08:44   #42
Magnate
Angband Devteam member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 5,057
Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo Pietilš View Post
Browsed trac bugs, but to my surprise this wasn't there. I have complained about it once before and I thought it had made it into trac.

Should I open a bug, or should some of the Dev-team open it? I feel that if one of you do it someone might actually do something to it.
Providing you have checked trac's open tickets (there is a link on the front page called "List of all open tickets by keywords") to make sure it's not already there, PLEASE open the ticket yourself rather than waiting for a dev to do it. We have difficulty keeping up with traffic on Oook and lots of things get missed.

As soon as someone can reproduce this bug we'll fix it. I'll have a go this weekend if it's still outstanding.
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2010, 08:46   #43
Magnate
Angband Devteam member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 5,057
Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo Pietilš View Post
Count me one of liking ones. It really makes clear indication that monster is somehow more dangerous than rest of its kinds.
Although I like the concept the reality gives me a headache ... but this doesn't matter because there is an option to switch it off.

I know that we who like purple uniques are in the minority, so very happy for Timo's version of monster.txt go to into master. I guess if I want purple uniques as an option I'll have to code it myself! (It would be very helpful if monster.txt could end up with one colour completely unused - preferably a purple-ish one - so that this option can be toggled without clashing with anything.)
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2010, 10:11   #44
Timo Pietilš
Prophet
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Climbing up from hole I just dug.
Posts: 4,096
Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
Providing you have checked trac's open tickets (there is a link on the front page called "List of all open tickets by keywords") to make sure it's not already there, PLEASE open the ticket yourself rather than waiting for a dev to do it. We have difficulty keeping up with traffic on Oook and lots of things get missed.

As soon as someone can reproduce this bug we'll fix it. I'll have a go this weekend if it's still outstanding.
Actually I think that "extra messages in shop" -bug has something to do with it. I tried again, and if I press space, instead of esc, I stay into shop with gear changed, but extra window which shows my equipment doesn't get updated. So this is less aggravating if I remember to press space instead of esc for those "extra messages". Problem basically is those extra messages, and extra term-windows with equipment/inventory not get updated.

http://trac.rephial.org/ticket/1203
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2010, 13:22   #45
Timo Pietilš
Prophet
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Climbing up from hole I just dug.
Posts: 4,096
Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
Small bugs:

Most jewelry with PVAL show that immediately on sight, ring of escape doesn't, and it can't be identified.
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2010, 15:20   #46
Taha
Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 128
Taha is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by takkaria View Post
Nightly build 'afbda2b44' should fix this when it's out. Cheers for the report.
That fixed the startup, appreciate the quick response.

Having an issue with priest attacks not working. Added a ticket for this. http://trac.rephial.org/ticket/1210

As a more minor issue, p for "pray" doesn't do anything for a priest or ranger. m works as normal for both. Is this an intentional change, or a possible keymap issue?
________
Emili_

Last edited by Taha; August 14, 2011 at 14:52.
Taha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2010, 15:30   #47
d_m
Angband Devteam member
 
d_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA
Age: 38
Posts: 1,516
d_m is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
(It would be very helpful if monster.txt could end up with one colour completely unused - preferably a purple-ish one - so that this option can be toggled without clashing with anything.)
I'll try to make sure this happens.
__________________
linux->xterm->screen->pmacs
d_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2010, 15:32   #48
Timo Pietilš
Prophet
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Climbing up from hole I just dug.
Posts: 4,096
Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo Pietilš View Post
Small bugs:

Most jewelry with PVAL show that immediately on sight, ring of escape doesn't, and it can't be identified.
More of the same sort. When you enter the dungeon you briefly see every monster in detection range without detecting.
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2010, 17:59   #49
PowerDiver
Prophet
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,712
PowerDiver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha View Post
As a more minor issue, p for "pray" doesn't do anything for a priest or ranger. m works as normal for both. Is this an intentional change, or a possible keymap issue?
I believe this is ancient behavior. I.e. neither change nor keymap issue.
PowerDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2010, 18:15   #50
Taha
Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 128
Taha is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerDiver View Post
I believe this is ancient behavior. I.e. neither change nor keymap issue.
Haven't played since August (on the latest nightly from the time), but looking at that character, all my priest book autoinscriptions were @p1, etc, and the quick fire macros are p1e and so on. It is definitely a change within the last few months.
So my question - is it intentional or a bug, and will it be changed back?
________
Hot_Wet_Desire cam

Last edited by Taha; August 14, 2011 at 14:53.
Taha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Master" option & variant selection..? Lord Fell Vanilla 15 November 13, 2010 19:45
The latest working version from the master git repository myshkin Development 1 October 10, 2010 22:27
svn branch Pete Mack Vanilla 55 August 16, 2010 10:28
State of code ewert Development 2 August 4, 2010 15:08
more fun with the development branch of 3.1.0 pesachyonah Vanilla 6 May 17, 2008 17:13


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.