AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old November 19, 2018, 02:40   #21
ShadowTechnology
Scout

ShadowTechnology is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
You cannot increase the score by going in the opposite direction.

See the reforging section near the end of the FAQ for tips.

The slot weights are currently as follows: armor/weapon - 80; bow - 60; ring - 55; shield - 52; helm/boots - 50; gloves - 45; cloak - 43; amulet - 40; lamp - 36; and there are a few special cases (guns are 40; harps are 50 for bards and 40 for non-bards; weapons with max dice < 12 are 80 as source items, but lower as destination items; and wizardstaves are 55 to prevent them from being completely destroyed by the penalty against low-dice weapons). So if you reforge a weapon onto an amulet you'll lose half the value in the slot downgrade.

The effective value of items whose power exceeds the slot weight multiplied by 1125 is capped to the slot weight multiplied by 1125, or the destination slot weight multiplied by 1125, whichever is higher. (That latter bit means you can reforge 95K Nenya into the armor slot and it works like a 80*1125=90K armor would, not like a 55*1125=62K armor.) That's a cap, though, it doesn't scale up items from low-weight slots, they need to have that value already.
Thanks Sideways. Very useful (and also the bit in the FAQ).
ShadowTechnology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2018, 03:28   #22
mewmew
Apprentice

mewmew is on a distinguished road
i believe it's a minor bug with items identifying if you examine them in your home, works for consumables only apparently. noticed it in nougat too

mewmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2018, 04:36   #23
Sideways
Swordsman

Sideways is on a distinguished road
Thanks. I know exactly what's causing that because I've seen the same information leak before in another context, I suppose I'll have to put together a more general fix this time.
Old November 21, 2018, 06:29   #24
wobbly
Veteran

wobbly is on a distinguished road
Minor mimic stuff. Object detection senses potion mimics but not chest mimics. Detect door does not detect door mimics.
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2018, 13:14   #25
CyclopsSlayer
Swordsman

CyclopsSlayer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
Minor mimic stuff. Object detection senses potion mimics but not chest mimics. Detect door does not detect door mimics.
Even when a Detect finds the mimics, they are revealed by observation as they vanish from screen with the next step as any other mob does.
CyclopsSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2018, 16:14   #26
wobbly
Veteran

wobbly is on a distinguished road
I looked at the ogre when deciding on my current character & I'm not seeing where it fits into the half-orc - ogre - half-giant scheme. To me it looks like a worse half-orc with a 30% extra xp penalty on top. For a warrior the half-giant is obviously better then the ogre. My understanding is ogre design is big-hp mage? Ok half-orc is -1 int, rdark & the numbers are awkward but does an ogre actually have more hps then a half-orc with the extra hp special?
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2018, 19:28   #27
Sideways
Swordsman

Sideways is on a distinguished road
I suspect half-giants were designed to be strong, and half-orcs were designed by Gwarl; so it's not surprising that ogres might not be as good.
Old November 21, 2018, 20:23   #28
Gwarl
Knight

Gwarl is on a distinguished road
Nah Ogres were designed by Gwarl, half-orcs were copied from V.

The issue was that half-orcs had been removed at some point on account of half-ogres being better half-orcs.

I reimplimented half-orcs (with a human talent) and so I wanted to change ogres round a bit. I gave them better int so they could fit the trope of ogre-mages (they are the only giant race with better int than wis) but I was unwilling to make ogres more intelligent than humans.

They have better strength, con and LR than half orcs I think?

The extra talent is probably throwing the balance off.
Gwarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27, 2018, 01:35   #29
CyclopsSlayer
Swordsman

CyclopsSlayer is on a distinguished road
Not a bug per se,
I recently found an Elven Cloak of Immolation [4, +15] (+1) {SlSr;Fi[Fi}
While it makes some sense that it is a light source, should that maybe be tagged? ie. 'Lu'
CyclopsSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29, 2018, 16:14   #30
TauzentBlitz
Rookie

TauzentBlitz is on a distinguished road
I think the ammo break chances on the Sniper's Holy Shot might be off... I haven't been keeping an exact count but it feels much higher than the 4% chance listed in my stats.

Also, the shots that guarantee ammo break don't mention it at all, either. When browsed they still say 4%.
TauzentBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frogcomposband