Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old April 27, 2010, 22:50   #41
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicPenguin View Post
Is the maintainer of this still around? If not, I'm a programmer and wouldn't mind giving a shot to fixing some of the screens that are too wide if I could get the source.
By all means make any improvements you like. The maintainer's schedule is a little, um, variable - I don't know if he'll be back around to this any time soon.
Old April 27, 2010, 23:30   #42
AngelicPenguin
Scout

AngelicPenguin is on a distinguished road
Ahh - any idea where I can get the source?
AngelicPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2010, 03:57   #43
Pete Mack
Prophet

Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
The source is included as part of the angband src.
http://trac.rephial.org/browser/trunk/src/nds

in trac. You will probably want an svn enlistment.
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2010, 09:22   #44
timolien
Rookie

timolien is on a distinguished road
Compiling for NDS

I attempted to compile an NDS build, but get stuck on the fact that the current NDS code requires old (no longer available) libnds version (everything from 1.4.0 upwards does no longer compile because the IPC struct is no longer supported in 1.4.x).
Sadly older versions 1.3.X are no longer downloadable.

Does anyone still have libnds 1.3.x (and possibly other required components to go together with old libnds version like older devkitpro : I don't know whether I can just drop in an old libnds into a recent devkitpro) ?

Updated NDS code which actually compiles with libnds 1.4.x would offcourse even be better.

Please let me know : I can download it or provide a place to upload to if necessary.

Regards,

Gert
timolien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2010, 11:08   #45
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by timolien View Post
Does anyone still have libnds 1.3.x (and possibly other required components to go together with old libnds version like older devkitpro : I don't know whether I can just drop in an old libnds into a recent devkitpro) ?
The original versions of everything I downloaded for DS development about 3 years ago (some of which is unnecessary) are now available from the FA extra downloads page. The libnds archive has an extra copy of libfat-nds in it that accidentally got put in during an argument between VMWare Fusion and Nautilus, but that can be ignored.
Old May 4, 2010, 12:43   #46
timolien
Rookie

timolien is on a distinguished road
Missing a file

Thanks very much for the files.

The devkit itself is not downloadable :

"The requested URL /faangband/devkitARM_r23-1686-linux.tar.bz2 was not found on this server"

Could you still provide it ? Or is it not necessary and will the latest version do ?

Regards,

Gert
timolien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2010, 13:22   #47
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Sorry, bad link. Should work now.
Old May 4, 2010, 16:53   #48
SaThaRiel
Adept

SaThaRiel is on a distinguished road
Sorry for being a bit off-topic here. Im planning to buy myself an ebook reader (looks like it will be a PocketBook 302). Natively its running linux. So i was thinking if its a good idea porting angband to such devices? Actually it has a touch screen with possible support for character input. Well, you wont have colors but who needs them anyway?

Everyone ever though about it?
Old June 16, 2010, 15:14   #49
Foehammer
Rookie

Foehammer is on a distinguished road
Back On Topic...

...I downloaded this for the DS, and apart from lines being cut off, my main gripe is the difficulty of configuring buttons.

I've tired using the 'in-game' button configuration, but there seems to be bugs where buttons disappear and/or end up moving to the lower left corner of the config screen and becoming inactive.

In an effort to try to side-step this, I've been editing (in notepad) the buttons.DEF, DEFa, DEF~, but running into problems as I don't quite appreciate how these files are set up.

It seems clear enough that the user-defined buttons, and the keys on the DS are referenced, along with screen co-ordinates, names, and functions. I'm struggling to understand i) how the game knows when the name of a button ends and the functionality of a button begins, and ii) how these three files relate to one another and the game.

If anyone can help me with some more info on this it would be really appreciated. I'm not much of a programmer, but fairly technically able, so if there is some way to poke around with the files to avoid the good-but-buggy UI that would be a great help.

Best,

Mark
Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28, 2010, 11:42   #50
ArgentStar
Rookie

ArgentStar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunter View Post
Great work with the ds port Immir.

Got a small issue with the screen switching. What happens is the bottom screen (map) goes to the top, and the bottom goes all strange and then back again every 3 seconds. Attached a photo to give an example.

Look forward to future updates
(Using a R4 DS card v1.18. And it is a DS Lite)

Thanks Christiaan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serith View Post
I'm glad to see another roguelike on the DS. It looks great so far, the only problem I have is that I have the same problem as chunter. The screens switch as if I had pressed the L-trigger, automatically, every few seconds. The card I am using is the DSTT, and I have seen the problem occur on two separate DS lites, and one original DS.
I'm having the same problem as these two. I've downloaded the latest release from FileTrip, but the screen keeps shifting as described above roughly every 2-3 seconds. Which unfortunately makes it unplayable.

I'm using a DSi XL (in the UK) and a DSTWO card with a 2GB MicroSD. Any idea what I could do to fix this? I've tried the backup>format>restore route a couple of times with no luck. I loved playing Angband on the PC and was ecstatic when I found out it was ported to the DS. I've got the NetHack port working fine, but I'd reallyl ike to give this a try if possible.

Many thanks.
ArgentStar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nintendo ds nds