AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old June 7, 2018, 15:21   #11
OmniNegro
Rookie

OmniNegro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocht View Post
The thieves, drunkards, and mercenaries that populate the towns, could they be removed at higher character levels, for at higher levels all they do is prevent the player from going to the world map and mess up resting while waiting for recall to kick in
Their corpses are REQUIRED for demons to eat. (I know you know this. This is just a reminder.)
OmniNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7, 2018, 15:32   #12
CyclopsSlayer
Swordsman

CyclopsSlayer is on a distinguished road
For Android characters, why doesn't Oil, their food, show under the 'E'at command? Instead, they have to be Quaffed?
CyclopsSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7, 2018, 16:44   #13
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Your idea is sound, but if I don't post then there is a good chance I will not write it down immediately and I will forget, this has already happened several times
This is why I suggested opening a text document and writing your ideas down there. I don't expect you to remember all your ideas in your head.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7, 2018, 21:47   #14
GenericPseudonym
Apprentice

GenericPseudonym is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I find plenty of corpses in dungeons, I have never needed townspeople
Some dungeons like Dragon's Cave will have a serious lack of available human corpses. A Balrog who thinks ahead can of course just bring a few snacks along for the journey, but one who forgets about food at least knows that he won't starve to death when he recalls to town.
GenericPseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7, 2018, 22:07   #15
wobbly
Veteran

wobbly is on a distinguished road
alternatively recalling to the bottom of stronghold which is handy if you want to recall back to the middle of the wilderness rather then starting again from town

Edit:It's hideout not stronghold now isn't it?
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8, 2018, 14:59   #16
TauzentBlitz
Rookie

TauzentBlitz is on a distinguished road
When I first started an Alchemist, the "Lvl" listed in the infusions menu was, I assumed, character level. But then I noticed that Cure serious potions level was in green instead of red despite my character level being too low and I could copy them.

Is it supposed to be Alchemist Skill %? Might want to change the "Lvl" to skill % or something to make that more obvious.

Hey, I was mentioned in the patch notes. Neat.
TauzentBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9, 2018, 14:20   #17
Sideways
Swordsman

Sideways is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This is the second time I have found a can of toys, the first time I died before opening it
Is there a suggested minimum dungeon level to open a can of toys on so as not to waste it
The way cans of toys are supposed to work, it shouldn't make any difference, since the level of objects will be determined based on the level of the can of toys itself and not based on where you open it.
In practice it does make some difference, because standart generation is based on dungeon level rather than object level, so you're more likely to get standarts if you open it deeper (and the standarts you get, if any, will be better). I should probably change that, though doing so is not as easy as it sounds.

There are very few standarts with native level >80, and even fewer with native level >90; so once you're at 4500', there isn't much point to waiting any further before you open your can of toys. (Or if you don't care about standarts, you can open it much earlier.)
Old June 9, 2018, 16:46   #18
TauzentBlitz
Rookie

TauzentBlitz is on a distinguished road
Anyone know what a good race/personality combination might be for alchemists? I'm currently using a Craven Shadow Fairy for maximum stealth and good ranged combat. The Trouble at home quest guarantees potions of booze and boldness so I have both a good confusion effect to keep enemies away and a cure for fear right from the start.

Random thought: Alchemists with the no_sell flag on might be a too good if you can just Alchemy away the equipment you can't sell anymore. I don't know how the Alchemy skill works yet though, so I dunno.

Last edited by TauzentBlitz; June 9, 2018 at 17:12.
TauzentBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9, 2018, 17:08   #19
CyclopsSlayer
Swordsman

CyclopsSlayer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TauzentBlitz View Post
Random thought: Alchemists with the no_sell flag on might be a little silly. I don't know how the Alchemy skill works yet though, so I dunno.
Heh, a little silly would be something like an Android Monk, between the weight and slot limitations I am not sure you could even hit L50.
CyclopsSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9, 2018, 17:27   #20
Sideways
Swordsman

Sideways is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TauzentBlitz View Post
Random thought: Alchemists with the no_sell flag on might be a too good if you can just Alchemy away the equipment you can't sell anymore. I don't know how the Alchemy skill works yet though, so I dunno.
Alchemy gives less gold per item with no_selling on. It is still a very useful skill with no_selling on, but it actually comes a lot closer to being "too good" with no_selling off.

Tags
frogcomposband