Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old September 23, 2018, 03:39   #71
Mocht
Apprentice

Mocht is on a distinguished road
Should the ranking system for Frog be changed, at the moment the highest ranked character hasn't even defeated Oberon, surely that's wrong
Mocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23, 2018, 03:42   #72
Mocht
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsSlayer View Post
Possibly because they can be 'eaten' by Golems and the like?
Good point, or is that covered by the auto-destroyer option "leave stuff that your class/race needs", similar to how human corpses are not destroyed for demon characters
Old September 23, 2018, 06:24   #73
Mocht
Apprentice

Feature request: that the level feeling "special" is not caused by identified artifacts, and, similarly, if special feelings are created by things such as good rings of speed, then that only applies if they are unidentified
Old September 23, 2018, 09:14   #74
Mocht
Apprentice

The Yamata-no-Orochi: selecting him shows abilities, but it doesn't show a blurb/description that monsters usually have

Feature request: in character dumps, show the character's gold in the form 1.14M, rather than 1148571; similarly for xp
Old September 23, 2018, 12:35   #75
Mocht
Apprentice

On the character sheet for my jelly character, it falsely states that my character has an intrinsic acid brand
Old September 23, 2018, 13:13   #76
wobbly
Veteran

wobbly is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocht View Post
On the character sheet for my jelly character, it falsely states that my character has an intrinsic acid brand
Arguably true, you do after all! It's just on the @ rather then the |
wobbly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 23, 2018, 14:25   #77
Sideways
Swordsman

Sideways is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The Yamata-no-Orochi: selecting him shows abilities, but it doesn't show a blurb/description that monsters usually have
Some monsters and artifacts (often Japanese ones, or ones added by Japanese maintainers) don't have descriptions. Gwarl (with the help of kobold and MITZE) is working on adding them for Composband I think, and I may look into stealing their descriptions if they do, though I think filling in missing body/possessor information is a higher priority than the missing descriptions.
Old September 23, 2018, 15:57   #78
Mocht
Apprentice

Is it intended that a player can receive multiple "you failed to activate item" messages before being told that the item has no charges
Old September 24, 2018, 18:34   #79
Mocht
Apprentice

Has the bersersker skill "earthquake" been changed
I just played a berseker, he was slaughtering everything until there was a summoning situation, surrounded by foes I used earthquake again and again, no square within a radius of 1 from my character was effected, and I'm pretty sure no square within a radius of 2 of my character was effected, I must have done at least 10 earthquakes, it was on a normal Angband level, or has earthquake always been like that, and I'm thinking of destruction
Old September 24, 2018, 21:22   #80
Sideways
Swordsman

Sideways is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Has the bersersker skill "earthquake" been changed
I just played a berseker, he was slaughtering everything until there was a summoning situation, surrounded by foes I used earthquake again and again, no square within a radius of 1 from my character was effected, and I'm pretty sure no square within a radius of 2 of my character was effected, I must have done at least 10 earthquakes, it was on a normal Angband level, or has earthquake always been like that, and I'm thinking of destruction
Destruction is guaranteed to hit every square (though not guaranteed to turn every square into a wall, or to eliminate the monsters in them), while earthquake only hits 15% of squares, so it can easily miss the squares you're imost nterested in through sheer bad luck. Also, monsters hit by earthquakes can try to move to adjacent empty squares instead of being embedded in the rock; they will still take damage if successful, but not very much by late-game standards.

The earthquake code is very similar to Vanilla's, so I don't think it's changed much lately.

Tags
frogcomposband