AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old August 24, 2017, 00:01   #61
HugoTheGreat2011
Veteran

HugoTheGreat2011 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
What's the deal with uploading html dumps from this version? Tried several times, so far nothing showed up.
On the character sheet screen, use the '|' command and change the extension to .HTML and then that should do it.
Old August 24, 2017, 00:48   #62
Fnord
Apprentice

Fnord is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 View Post
On the character sheet screen, use the '|' command and change the extension to .HTML and then that should do it.
Well yeah. I know that, and it appears to upload fine - the result screen on http://angband.oook.cz/ladder.php looks like it parsed correctly. Only that the dump does not show in the ladder.
Fnord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24, 2017, 00:51   #63
HugoTheGreat2011
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 View Post
Btw, as for Skillmasters, Dagger-type weapons should be in a separate category than true Sword weapons similar to Weaponmasters. I will say that even if this will make Tonberry Skillmasters less fun in the future.
Uh...I take that back. Better to keep Daggers in the same category as Swords, because Daggers are Swords (i.e. Blades) according to the Proficiency menu (press ~ then P) anyways. I'll keep quiet on that.

Btw, anyone noticed that there IS NO non-Staves (i.e. the one to utitlize non-staves Hafted weapons) Weaponmaster option?? Also, when playing as a Staffmaster, the ability to use Sabres is NOT capped as ![Unskilled] too!
Old August 24, 2017, 02:47   #64
CyclopsSlayer
Swordsman

CyclopsSlayer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Well yeah. I know that, and it appears to upload fine - the result screen on http://angband.oook.cz/ladder.php looks like it parsed correctly. Only that the dump does not show in the ladder.
wobbly posted one on the ladder today for 7.0 so he has it working it seems
CyclopsSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24, 2017, 02:47   #65
Fnord
Apprentice

Fnord is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Found the problem. I was assuming I could use the "Your character's name" field when uploading to override the actual character name. That doesn't seem to work, so it failed because I already got a higher level char with that name.

I guess there's no way to rename an existing character ingame?
Fnord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24, 2017, 02:54   #66
CyclopsSlayer
Swordsman

CyclopsSlayer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Found the problem. I was assuming I could use the "Your character's name" field when uploading to override the actual character name. That doesn't seem to work, so it failed because I already got a higher level char with that name.

I guess there's no way to rename an existing character ingame?
In Outpost, check the building with the Thieves/Warg quests.
CyclopsSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25, 2017, 06:46   #67
Cold_Heart
Adept

Cold_Heart is on a distinguished road
I saw monster spells mentioned in changes list and got excited, but it looks like unresistable (except for one mutation and level 50 psion skill) dispel is still a thing.

Any plans on changing this?
Cold_Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25, 2017, 22:26   #68
poschengbandplayer
Apprentice

poschengbandplayer is on a distinguished road
I hate to be salty but I have to say this; I really don't like the course this variant has taken. Which is a shame, because, as it is seen from my username, it was my most favourite rogue-like.

The game as it is now, is unreasonably hard and encourages some playing styles over the others. I feel that insta kills, randomized energy, summoning and unresistable dispells made the game hard as is. In the last versions, monster damage has had been effectively doubled (the resistance nerf), my favourite artifact penalized with - 60% total health (crown of beruthiel), and now these recent changes.. Its really not a game for me anymore.

(plus, the removal of the clear -more prompt- option, nerfing of devices, nerfing of ring and amulet detection etc)

Of course chris, the variant maintainer, has the right to do with his variant as he pleases but if he wonders about the opinion of his audience; this is mine, and i am sure i am not the only one who thinks so.

I would stick to older versions but it'd feel like cheating. Im glad I could experience this variant in its alpha/beta stages when it wasn't so unreasonably punishing.

cheers.
poschengbandplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26, 2017, 03:18   #69
murphy
Apprentice

murphy is on a distinguished road
For vortex monster, the description of the "elemental explosion" power is broken.
murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26, 2017, 18:54   #70
HugoTheGreat2011
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocht View Post
My last character died due to paralysis, even though he had 2 lots of free action
I won't be playing Poschengband again unless this is fixed
I'm afraid this is part of the new Free Action mechanic. ^What just happened with two layers of Free Action, is working as designed, per Chris. You're going to have to tolerate deaths in order to play PosChengband nowadays.