Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Sil

Old May 14, 2014, 18:24   #241
HallucinationMushroom
Knight

HallucinationMushroom is on a distinguished road
I had completely forgotten there were even options I could mess with! I tried your suggestion but it didn't change anything... I still cant flank the asterisks.
HallucinationMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2014, 18:35   #242
taptap
Knight

taptap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFish View Post
Others, such as flanking on easterling warriors, I find virtually undetectable.
Just a reminder: This is different to other people playing different kind of chars. If you are into flanking suddenly easterlings are doing two or three times the attacks they used to do.
taptap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2014, 18:49   #243
debo
Veteran

debo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HallucinationMushroom View Post
I had completely forgotten there were even options I could mess with! I tried your suggestion but it didn't change anything... I still cant flank the asterisks.
Then buy more perception. Chump!
Old May 14, 2014, 18:53   #244
HallucinationMushroom
Knight

HallucinationMushroom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by debo View Post
Then buy more perception. Chump!
I was actually curious about this a few months back -- you know, how much hard perception do you need to reliably completely reveal using Listen? Short answer, you need an absurd amount of perception!

I just did a recheck, because, you know... memory problems. :/ Looks like ~25 is what you need... so maybe not ridiculous... but jeez. I had a couple of characters that hit that but I don't recall them getting a lot of reveals from Listen.

Last edited by HallucinationMushroom; May 14, 2014 at 18:59.
HallucinationMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21, 2014, 10:16   #245
taptap
Knight

taptap is on a distinguished road
Some thoughts...

1) Stackable freedom of movement
Stacking free action (which is quite readily available) feels overpowered to the point where people happily enter the throne room with less will in 1.2.1 than 1.1.1 despite the changes. Admittedly I once felt differently when entranced by a dragon in 1.1.1 while believing to be safe due to double free action.

2) Daggers
I was no fan of the change to weapon weights, but one good thing came out of it: daggers truly have a niche of their own (only <1lb weight weapons) right now.

3) Auto-ID
Auto-ID for items like shadow cloak of warmth is still messy - although probably not easily fixed. It is really weird not to see the stealth bonus on the item even if you can calculate it from your skill screen, because you haven't identified the warmth effect.
taptap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21, 2014, 19:22   #246
evilmike
Scout

evilmike is on a distinguished road
If stacking free action (and other skill check-boosters like that) is overpowered, maybe it could have diminishing returns. So, the first source could give +10, the second source +5, and I'm not sure what the 3rd would give.

This would be somewhat consistent with how damage resists stack with diminishing returns.
evilmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21, 2014, 19:56   #247
locus
Adept

locus is on a distinguished road
There is an opportunity cost to stacking free action, it's a choice you have to make. If it's a problem, rather than not letting it stack or adding some complex mechanic to make it sort of stack, I would suggest maybe free action effects should be made less common? It seems like the main issue, to the extent there is an issue, is the large number of artifacts with free action as a free bonus. Switch some of those to, like, poison resistance or whatever and the problem might go away. To the extent there is a problem. Which I'm not at all convinced of. Who's going to not buy enough Will to get the point of Constitution anyway?
locus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2014, 07:16   #248
Psi
Knight

Psi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by locus View Post
Who's going to not buy enough Will to get the point of Constitution anyway?
I've often not gone to 12 Will. 5 for Inner Light or 6 for Hardiness has frequently been my cap.
Psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26, 2014, 18:09   #249
wobbly
Veteran

wobbly is on a distinguished road
Minor Display bug:

I went down stairs bleeding & was surprised to find myself no longer bleeding. Took a step & started to bleed again.
Also Sprinting into a chasm leaves you fast, though whether you can maintain the sprint or whether it's a display issue I've never really tested.

Edit: Bonus silly question, do female dwarfs actually have beards in Tolkien's writing? I can't get a beardless lady no matter how many times I hit tab. I can't think of any stories where dwarf women make an appearance either.

Edit2: It'd be nice to be able to modify the time clock (Say for a semi-challenge Edain game). Is there some way to change it in cheat mode?

Last edited by wobbly; June 26, 2014 at 23:00.
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2, 2014, 11:09   #250
wobbly
Veteran

wobbly is on a distinguished road
I noticed something with violet molds the other day which I'm not sure is intended. If you sneak into them in stealth mode they double hit you & can end up draining 2 con if your unlucky. I don't think I'll be playing many stealth characters without keen senses or high will in the future.
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote