Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old August 21, 2017, 05:33   #41
HugoTheGreat2011
Knight

HugoTheGreat2011 is on a distinguished road
Bug:
If you're killed by a monster that outside of your LOS, then the Tombstone would say you were killed by 'it'...without identifying what it was...

Or...Is this something new??

My YouTube channel, where I'm known as YggdrasilTid (includes my PosChengband gameplay+music):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqG...vf4c0P8ipsIeQQ

My most recent good try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA
HugoTheGreat2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21, 2017, 10:37   #42
Rudiment
Rookie

Rudiment is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
1) Yes. Does a lot more damage (3*base or more).
2) For any fully identified weapon, just pressing i/e and then the letter of the weapon will tell you its properties (or use x in stores). If it's not fully identified, use *identify* (Scroll, spell, town service).
I know it, but this broad sword is fully identified. Even in Library (Morivant) there is no option to Research this particular sword and there is no warning left about *identify* in description of this sword. So title Armageddon left unexplained. Maybe this sword power up magic from realm of Armadeddon?
Rudiment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21, 2017, 11:47   #43
Mocht
Apprentice

Mocht is on a distinguished road
Armageddon weapons have bigger damage dice, and sometimes (always?) weigh more, and nothing else
You want Armageddon weapons if you are playing a mauler
The word Armageddon is for flavour or whatever, each spell realm is a weapon ego, like life weapons give bonus life, or death weapons giving lifesteal, there is crusade and trump and so on
Mocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21, 2017, 11:54   #44
Rudiment
Rookie

Rudiment is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocht View Post
Armageddon weapons have bigger damage dice, and sometimes (always?) weigh more, and nothing else
The word Armageddon is for flavour or whatever, each spell realm is a weapon ego, like life weapons give bonus life, or death weapons giving lifesteal, there is crusade and trump and so on
Thank you. Where did you find this information? Ingame manual or other sources?
Rudiment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21, 2017, 11:54   #45
Mocht
Apprentice

I am bitter about the death of my last character

Recalling into the Labyrinth, dungeon level 22, there were lesser hell beasts everywhere and my character was quickly slaughtered
I have never seen anything like that at such a shallow depth
It said that the lesser hell beasts were level 22, that doesn't seem right, I seem to recall that they used to be level 40

Is this new behaviour in this version, was it just extremely bad luck
That death has shaken me, if stuff like that isn't extremely rare then I'm not sure I want to play this game any more
Old August 21, 2017, 12:00   #46
Mocht
Apprentice

"Where did you find this information? Ingame manual or other sources?" - It is partly from reading old posts on this forum (maybe release notes from the developer for previous versions) and partly my experience playing the game
Old August 21, 2017, 12:12   #47
Mocht
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudiment View Post
Well, i play as a rogue class and i have a couple of questions:
1) I have a backstab attack for an enemy which sleeping or fleeing. Does this kind of attack have increased damage or it only for roleplaying sake without any bonuses?
2) I found a broad sword which have title (Armageddon). I assume this is some kind of brand, but i don't know what is suppose to do. Where do i can find a list of all brand with desc for this game?
I haven't played a rogue, but my understanding is that if the enemy is sleeping or fleeing then it does HUGE damage

In my (Windows 10) version, if you go to "lib" folder, then open "edit" folder, then open "e_info.txt", then that gives you info on the egos
It doesn't (at least to my eyes) explain Armageddon weapons, but it gives most of the info for most of the egos
Old August 21, 2017, 12:32   #48
nikheizen
Adept

nikheizen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocht View Post
Not to mention they often have large plusses.

Some feedback on 7.0.0 for Chris:
Attacking acid veils with acid immunity still triggers the "you are dissolved" message.
New attack flavour messages seem to trigger even with elemental immunity to the given damage type.
Healing type effects (staves, potions, spells) all say they cure poison, but do not - Holiness does this as well
nikheizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21, 2017, 20:33   #49
CyclopsSlayer
Adept

CyclopsSlayer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
1) Yes. Does a lot more damage (3*base or more).
2) For any fully identified weapon, just pressing i/e and then the letter of the weapon will tell you its properties (or use x in stores). If it's not fully identified, use *identify* (Scroll, spell, town service).
Even Identified it tells you little about many of the brands. Like (Craft) this affects Craft School magic in some way I assume, but damned if I know...

It is also annoying to have Identify tell you basically nothing you didn't already know.

-An Amulet (unidentified) becomes,
-A Barbarian Amulet (?)

umm, yay?
CyclopsSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21, 2017, 20:49   #50
wobbly
Veteran

wobbly is on a distinguished road
The brand is mostly flavour text. Armageddon tends to get damage boosts visible on inspect & often an element brand. Death is vampiric & sometimes poison resist or hold life. Craft is just an element brand. You can either *id them or sell a bunch of junk brands till you know all the flavours, but there is actually nothing there that doesn't show up by inspect if fully *ided, except perhaps blessed which gets rid of the pointy penalty on a good priest.
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote