AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > AAR

Old May 25, 2010, 21:57   #1
fyonn
Adept

fyonn is on a distinguished road
How ready am I?

Hello everyone,

it's been a while since I've had a guy this good: Chardump here.

I think I've taken out all the uniques except Gabriel, Sauron and Morgoth. for some reason, gabriel's always given me problems with this character. Anyway, I'm reasonably well kitted up at the moment but how close am I to being ready for the big two?

any hints/tips? any EQ changes I should make? I was kinda thinking for Morgoth of swapping thorin for haradrim and then using ulmo to fill the acid immunity hole. after all, aggravation won't be a big issue then as I guess as soon as I show my face on lvl 100, he'll come for me.

I tend to go for the big uniques/baddies with glyphs and ASC's and I could probably work that with Sauron, but not Morgoth.

I know I'm short of banishment, but hopefully I should have a decent enough stock of healing potions..

sorry, it's been a while since I got to this kind of level.

dave
fyonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2010, 22:20   #2
Sirridan
Knight

Sirridan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyonn View Post
Hello everyone,

it's been a while since I've had a guy this good: Chardump here.

I think I've taken out all the uniques except Gabriel, Sauron and Morgoth. for some reason, gabriel's always given me problems with this character. Anyway, I'm reasonably well kitted up at the moment but how close am I to being ready for the big two?

any hints/tips? any EQ changes I should make? I was kinda thinking for Morgoth of swapping thorin for haradrim and then using ulmo to fill the acid immunity hole. after all, aggravation won't be a big issue then as I guess as soon as I show my face on lvl 100, he'll come for me.

I tend to go for the big uniques/baddies with glyphs and ASC's and I could probably work that with Sauron, but not Morgoth.

I know I'm short of banishment, but hopefully I should have a decent enough stock of healing potions..

sorry, it's been a while since I got to this kind of level.

dave
Good lord, find a ring of speed, switch it out for a ring of power, (probably keep vilya), wear umbar, and go murder the last two.

Sauron will go down fast with acid bolts and x7 multiplier.

As for morgy, grab bard and your holy might arrows, and fire all of umbar's bolts. (?phase to stay away from Morgoth, and shoot him.) I say bring bard and your holy arrows just in case the bolts don't manage it.

Your 5 ?massbanish should be enough for m. Sauron shouldn't be able to summon too much to give you problems.

Honestly, you're a bit overprepared (which isn't a bad thing!)

Be careful and have fun killing these guys.
Sirridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2010, 22:28   #3
fyonn
Adept

cheers for the help, better answers than I expected...

well, I've got a RoS+12 at home but losing Narya would lose me Fire Immunity, though if I'm gonna go down this path I guess I could:

swap Narya for RoS+12
swap Cubragol for Umbar
swap thorin for haradrim
swap aeglos for either firestar (fire imm) or ulmo (acid imm).
keep the glaive in my bag for if I do get into hand to hand...

then try to shoot him to death...

I guess I would probably firestar to keep my books, although if I wore ulmo then I'd have another source of res_nether and then could wear those shiny new BoS+10 I found...

or am I over thinking the need for these immunities?

dave
Old May 25, 2010, 22:33   #4
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
You don't need fire immunity. During ordinary play it's quite nice to have, but it's by no means essential. You can cast Resist Fire and Cold to get double-resistance to fire (or just buy a bunch of potions from the alchemist and chug them before recalling), which pegs its max damage at a piddling 177; if that's all the damage M does to you in one round then you're doing just fine. Just rememeber to bring extra copies of your flammable books, since they won't be protected.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2010, 22:37   #5
Sirridan
Knight

Sirridan is on a distinguished road
Oh geeze, I didn't notice you had Haradrim too... I had forgotten.

Well now you can just *lol* at the last two.
Sirridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2010, 23:13   #6
fyonn
Adept

well, you're making me feel better I'm back in town, tooling up for sauron now. I guess it's a bit of a scoot and shoot for both is it? fire shots and phase door? with the occasional genocide/mass genocide/word of destruction when the summons get too hot?

oh, does the banish evil spell in pb9 teleport away uniques?
Old May 25, 2010, 23:37   #7
fyonn
Adept

okay, sauron was staggeringly easy... each acid bolt that hit took a star. some of his summons kept getting in the way but I managed to remove them. only used one mass banishment (though I lost a few to a fire attack).

I did get knocked down to 138hp at one point, but a quick *healing* sorted that.

Next up, the big guy I guess. he won't be nearly as easy I guess, with no holes in resistance and I guess he'll keep using summons as shields...

dave
Old May 26, 2010, 00:26   #8
Zikke
Veteran

Zikke is on a distinguished road
I think Morgoth will be easier than you think for priests. I found a vault to fight in that really cut down on summons and made it easy to TO things.

With endless heals and glyphs, you can bludgeon him to death. And keep in mind that all that aggravate stuff you used to steer away from is now on the table for this fight. *coughcoughDeathwreaker* >_>
Zikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2010, 00:45   #9
fyonn
Adept

ha, I've never found deathwrecker, or doomcaller for that matter. however haradrim and umbar are a serious combination, only problem being getting LoS on him due to summons. that said, I reckon it'll still be worth using even point blank...

not gonna try for him tonight, tomorrow I think...

dave
Old May 26, 2010, 03:01   #10
Fendell Orcbane
Swordsman

Fendell Orcbane is on a distinguished road
Oh I guess should have read the whole thread before I put my 2 cents in...
Fendell Orcbane is offline   Reply With Quote