Old August 4, 2019, 13:49   #331
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphara View Post
Ok, thanks for the answer.
For slow digestion: I have sDigest and it CERTAINLY did not divide the characters hunger rate by 5. Did you mean 2? I lost 1% in about every 60 turns of waiting and 1%/30 turns without it. This was tested by resting at 32% satiation level.
The problem with testing like this is there is insufficient accuracy in the food bar. Also digestion only happens every 100 game turns - 10 player turns at normal speed - so testing for only 30-60 turns would not be accurate.

I have just tested this in a debugger where I can see the amount of digestion and how often, and I can guarantee slow digestion does actually divide digestion by 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fph View Post
I find out now that blackguards have ImpHP as an intrinsic. That seems an important drawback. Maybe it should be mentioned on the character creation screen?
Yes indeed, it's kind of a bug that it isn't already. Will be in the next build.
Old August 5, 2019, 19:09   #332
Gwarl
Knight

Gwarl is on a distinguished road
found a rather obscure bug

when using autoconf to compile variants on angband.live, it seems they were using scripts/version.sh to look for a version number to describe themselves with. This finally explains why 4.1.3 has been showing up in-game as 4.1.3-dirty all this time on the site. Using Makefile.std seems to avert this and then everyone knows which version they are, but it might be nice if future angbands don't like to lie about their version number credentials
Gwarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5, 2019, 20:20   #333
Sphara
Adept

Sphara is on a distinguished road
I dunno if a closing wall-trap is such a good idea, if it works this way. This character in question survives only because he happened to find a ring of teleportation just a few moments earlier.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	caved-in.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	1744  
Sphara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5, 2019, 22:15   #334
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarl View Post
found a rather obscure bug

when using autoconf to compile variants on angband.live, it seems they were using scripts/version.sh to look for a version number to describe themselves with. This finally explains why 4.1.3 has been showing up in-game as 4.1.3-dirty all this time on the site. Using Makefile.std seems to avert this and then everyone knows which version they are, but it might be nice if future angbands don't like to lie about their version number credentials
The reason for not using Makefile.std is that it only gets updated at version change, and version.sh tries to be more precise for if people are playing a nightly or something modified. Are you making changes before you compile?
Old August 6, 2019, 12:23   #335
Gwarl
Knight

Gwarl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
The reason for not using Makefile.std is that it only gets updated at version change, and version.sh tries to be more precise for if people are playing a nightly or something modified. Are you making changes before you compile?
No, I think what it might have been is that they were all in subfolders of a folder that still had a hidden .git folder, and so maybe they looked around and saw that they were inside a git repo and declared themselves (from 3.3 onwards) to be 4.1.3-dirty.

I'm inclined to think, in contradiction to my previous post, that this might not be worth looking into afterall.
Gwarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7, 2019, 12:45   #336
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

New builds on the nightlies page and angband.live with the following changes:
  • Temporary brands and slays are now included in weapon damage calculations
  • Being teleported wakes monsters
  • Problem with mana not being shown when increasing from 0 is (I believe) fixed
  • Classes with innate object flags (only example - blackguards with ImpairHP) now show on the birth screen
  • Webs cleared while the player is out of LoS now don't update until the player sees the grid again (as was already the case for terrain changes)
Please let me know of any issues, especially with traps/webs/glyphs/decoys as a result of the web fix.
Old August 10, 2019, 07:05   #337
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

• A few monster colours that I missed earlier have been reverted to their originals
  • Problems with curse (mainly) ID which resulted in unremovable {??} on items apparently fixed
  • Some small changes to help
  • Stop monster memory for undead saying that they don't resist nether (thanks clouded)
  • Add a light meter at the bottom of the map indicating the light level of the player's grid
This last one is in place of clouded's suggestion for warning necromancers when they wielded a lantern, which had potential for annoying message spam no matter how it was done.

I now expect no more changes before 4.2.0 is released apart from documentation (oh, and a few tile fixes).

The only outstanding issues I could find in this thread are Ingwe's not-picking-up bug, which I have never managed to find or reproduce; and a comment about wands of darkness not doing damage which I never answered, the answer being they're not meant to, they're an equivalent utility for necromancers as wands of light are to other players.

If there are other bugs or problems, please tell me now.
Old August 10, 2019, 14:32   #338
gtrudeau88
Rookie

gtrudeau88 is on a distinguished road
Smile

10 ft tall high elves
Quote:
  • A few monster colours that I missed earlier have been reverted to their originals
  • Problems with curse (mainly) ID which resulted in unremovable {??} on items apparently fixed
  • Some small changes to help
  • Stop monster memory for undead saying that they don't resist nether (thanks clouded)
  • Add a light meter at the bottom of the map indicating the light level of the player's grid
This last one is in place of clouded's suggestion for warning necromancers when they wielded a lantern, which had potential for annoying message spam no matter how it was done.

I now expect no more changes before 4.2.0 is released apart from documentation (oh, and a few tile fixes).

The only outstanding issues I could find in this thread are Ingwe's not-picking-up bug, which I have never managed to find or reproduce; and a comment about wands of darkness not doing damage which I never answered, the answer being they're not meant to, they're an equivalent utility for necromancers as wands of light are to other players.

gtrudeau88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10, 2019, 19:03   #339
Chud
Swordsman

Chud is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrudeau88 View Post
10 ft tall high elves
That's the "high" part.
Chud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10, 2019, 23:49   #340
Voovus
Apprentice

Voovus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I seem to recall that there were balancing issues with the necromancer and the druid (esp. melee-oriented) a while back. They may have got fixed since. Has anyone played through with these classes recently? Are they fine and happy to go to 4.2.0?
Voovus is offline   Reply With Quote