Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

View Poll Results: What is your opinion on no_selling?
I enjoy not having to think about money. 34 60.71%
I'm divided -- I play a little bit of both. 7 12.50%
I like to lug loot to town and sell it the way it has always been. 15 26.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 19, 2021, 21:33   #41
Ed_47569
Apprentice

Ed_47569 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Ed_47569
Quote:
Originally Posted by archolewa View Post
Meanwhile, the big stuff is infrequent enough that I doubt it makes a hig difference. Sure buying a Potion of Augmentation is nice, but does it really impact the game in a major way?
I actually just BOUGHT my first potion of Augmentation yesterday, in 20+ years of playing. Recalled to town with $155k and it was for sale at $150k. Either never had the gold for them before, or they appeared after I'd maxed my stats.
Ed_47569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2021, 04:06   #42
topazg
Scout

topazg is on a distinguished road
First proper visit in about 6 years, thought I'd have another look at Angband (and oook) and see whether things were still alive, and it seems they are, happiness and all that, will try to get a 4.2.X winner before slinking off into RL lurkery again!

Interestingly, the first thing I did was jump into the birth options and check out what's changed - I must admit, I immediately turned no_sell off because, well, old habits and all that (and turned randarts on), but I do like the cleanliness of what seems to be less options than I remember.

One thing that feels like it isn't mentioned a great deal is flavour. I like returning to sell the goods because, frankly, erm, I have no idea, I just like the idea of my character doing it. I'm not sure I care about the comparative profitability compared to no_sell, or whether the shops actually have anything to buy, or whether the minmax efficiency of what I'm choosing to haul back is sufficiently optimised ... I just don't find it a drag, I enjoy doing it for reasons I can't fathom. (I will agree with an earlier poster that haggling, whilst a lot of fun and amusement early on, can be a royal grindy PITA at times).

If it disappeared overnight I'd be fine with that too, but I'm delighted to at least have the choice in there.
topazg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2021, 21:10   #43
DavidMedley
Knight

DavidMedley is on a distinguished road
Were any new opinions shared here? Is the title supposed to be "A new opinion poll on no_selling?"
DavidMedley is offline   Reply With Quote