Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old April 8, 2015, 19:19   #321
ekolis
Knight

ekolis is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ekolis Send a message via MSN to ekolis Send a message via Yahoo to ekolis
Haven't read through this entire thread - I've been away for a while - but is there any reason why the custom edit files are stored in the Angband folder and not a user folder on Windows? Why not somewhere in AppData, or in C:\Users\MyUsername\Angband if you don't like hidden folders?
ekolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8, 2015, 20:37   #322
MattB
Veteran

MattB is on a distinguished road
Not sure if I've mentioned this before (apologies if so), but if you try and buy something when your inventory is full, nothing happens. No message - nothing. This keeps making me think I've miskeyed and try again. And again. Because I never learn from my mistakes.
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8, 2015, 23:50   #323
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekolis View Post
Haven't read through this entire thread - I've been away for a while - but is there any reason why the custom edit files are stored in the Angband folder and not a user folder on Windows? Why not somewhere in AppData, or in C:\Users\MyUsername\Angband if you don't like hidden folders?
AFAIK user files (pref files, character dumps, etc) have always been kept in lib\user on Windows - probably because the most usual way of getting Angband for Windows has always been just an ordinary zip file, not any kind of installer. Of course if someone were to modernize the Windows port (or even write a whole new Windows UI) that would be great - but that person will not be me
Old April 9, 2015, 18:55   #324
Nomad
Knight

Nomad is on a distinguished road
Utterly trivial as bugs go, but reading a Scroll of Darkness from a pile of them on the floor results in:

Code:
Darkness surrounds you.
You are blind.
You see a Scroll of Darkness.
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9, 2015, 20:01   #325
Nomad
Knight

Resting to recover from the hallucination effect of a Mushroom of Emergency caused the window to briefly show a "(not responding)" error, though it cleared a little later without actually freezing/crashing.

I feel like there's something up with the resting mechanic, and possibly other repeat actions - in 3.5.1 you can rest hundreds of turns and the whole thing is over in a near instantaneous blip, but in 4.0 there are times when resting runs relatively quickly and other times when you can see the numbers visibly counting down and long rest periods take a perceptible amount of time to complete.
Old April 9, 2015, 23:16   #326
Nomad
Knight

Okay, I'm largely assuming the RNG is just playing with me for its own amusement at this point, but this is the third 4.0 game where I've found a Rod of Speed lying around on the floor extremely early in the dungeon. (In a checkerboard room at 350' in this case.) I've had a couple of early Staffs of Speed as well. In fact, in one game (actually this one I posted a save file from) I managed to find a +4 speed ring at 1050', a rod of speed at 1350', got +6 speed boots from Lokkak at 1700' (and I think those may even have replaced an earlier pair with a smaller boost), and then a +6 speed ring from a lesser vault at 1950'.

So is this just me, or are other people's games also raining speed items before they even make it to the halfway point?
Old April 10, 2015, 00:21   #327
MattB
Veteran

MattB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Okay, I'm largely assuming the RNG is just playing with me for its own amusement at this point, but this is the third 4.0 game where I've found a Rod of Speed lying around on the floor extremely early in the dungeon. (In a checkerboard room at 350' in this case.) I've had a couple of early Staffs of Speed as well. In fact, in one game (actually this one I posted a save file from) I managed to find a +4 speed ring at 1050', a rod of speed at 1350', got +6 speed boots from Lokkak at 1700' (and I think those may even have replaced an earlier pair with a smaller boost), and then a +6 speed ring from a lesser vault at 1950'.

So is this just me, or are other people's games also raining speed items before they even make it to the halfway point?
Nope - just you. Stop your whinin'!

Seriously though, about a dozen runs and not a single rod of speed and only a few RoSp's (+6 to +11).
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2015, 00:44   #328
Nomad
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
Nope - just you. Stop your whinin'!
Well, all right then. If I'm just special, fair enough.
Old April 10, 2015, 12:11   #329
PowerWyrm
Veteran

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
More bugs here: http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=7196
Old April 12, 2015, 04:57   #330
Nomad
Knight

If you pick up more than 10 types of ammo, it pushes whatever's in slot j of the quiver into the main inventory. I'd argue that either 1, you should get a "quiver full" message and not be able to pick it up at all, or 2, the newly picked up ammo should go into the main inventory rather than forcing out ammo that's already quivered.