Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > AAR

Old May 14, 2017, 23:39   #11
Sky
Knight

Sky is on a distinguished road
second recall, DL0:

meh, the Helm of Intelligence is gone. However, the Black Market has a nice Lantern, which i scoop up for a measly 72 gold. I decide to splash on 5 CCW, but save the money and opt to not buy the Enchant To Hit scrolls. Back to the dungeon ! .. i wonder where my brother is ...
Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2017, 23:50   #12
Sky
Knight

DL6 (this game is going rather slowly):

i recall right next to a two kobold archers and some jelly, i'm brought down to 25 hp but survive without effort. My DM says there are barely any mobs on the DL, and i am already next to some stairs. Let's just walk around a bit and get that level feeling .. well, it's 2-1. And i waltz right into a room with 6 scruffy hobbits and Bullroarer. Bull' tries to bully me, but i bully him harder, and take his pipe leaf. I fail 3 of 4 castings of Satisfy Hunger(32% fail rate), kill some mobs for 10XP, and decide to go down.
Old May 14, 2017, 23:57   #13
Sky
Knight

DL7:

i find myself around some acolytes, i nuke them and get a scroll of Deep Descent - ha!, no thanks, this is gonna be money for my stuff of intelligence.

Another 2-1 level feeling, so i decide to walk around and get 50 XP, then go down. I find a wand, a staff (probably darkness), a stack of 6 CSW, and a lantern (another). I DM again, nothing around, and in a fit of insanity decide to Teleport Self.

I wind up in a room with 2 orcs, 1 gallant, a bat and a snake. I nuke them. My reward is CL11, spells of Fire Bolt and Identify, and 69 HP total. Time to go down the stairs.
Old May 15, 2017, 00:05   #14
Sky
Knight

DL8:

DM shows a half orc (they hit hard) and not much else. I cast Identify for the XP but realize i can't complete the spell without something to identify ...

The half orc turn out to be a bandit, and he steals some of my coinage; i chase him and manage to get it back .. he wasn't happy.

The level feeling is 2-1, and i find a Rod of Light. I kill a baby red dragon, and desperately search the dungeon for some XP, even teleporting a couple times, but there is nothing .. so i head down the stairs with 50xp to next CL.
Old May 15, 2017, 00:07   #15
Sky
Knight

DL9:

A quick scuffle with two kobolds and an eye, and i ding! to CL12 with 75 HP and 25 SP.

the DM shows me a worm mass and a dragonfly, so i decide to cut the adventure early and recall. My backpack is heavy ...
Old May 15, 2017, 00:16   #16
Sky
Knight

third recall, DL0:

i sell everything, ID three wands, sell two rods (one is Treasure Detection) but decide to not buy it back. Still no sign of my brother. I decide to call it a day and go home.
Old May 15, 2017, 11:15   #17
Sky
Knight

*YAWN*

i wake with barely open eyes, too much grog the night before. I now have 5000 gold, but ntohing to spend it on, so i purchase 3 scrolls of recall (you never know when one is gonna burn) and recall back down to ..

DL9:

the odious Wormtongue is here, and i don't have the mana to kill him. He can steal my stuff and slow down my descent, so i better avoid him. Level feeling is 2-1; i kill a large kobold, munch down on a mushroom of Clear Mind, kill a single orc, then find some stairs and decide it's time.
Old May 15, 2017, 11:58   #18
Sky
Knight

DL10:

a naga, and a bunch of lemures (10 XP each, yumm yumm). I contemplate reading a scroll of Summon Monsters. I do, and my reward is a centipede ...
Level feeling is 3-4. Finally. I conveniently find a scroll of Treasure Detection (which is otherwise a CL30 spell) which points me to various blobs of money of items around the map.

The lemures require me to wait in a corridor until they wake up one by one, but i nuke them all. I fail 2 out of 5 castings of Stone To Mud (25% fail rate) and make my way to a room with a wand, some slime molds, a potion of resist cold ... whatever that 3-4 is, i haven't found it yet.
I DM a panther and a elven priest up ahead, they could be trouble. I disarm some traps for the XP, but decide against trying to disarm the trapdoor. I finally kill the elven priset, together with an elven warrior, two kobolds, the panther, and a pseudodragon which also decided to join the party.

I cover most of the dungeon and haven't found the -4 item .. must be the wand i have. I decide to use it up against a disenchanter mold, but no, it's a wand of scare monsters. Ok, i use all the charges so i can cast Lesser Rechargin for the XP, but i need to level up first.

Looking for monsters to kill, a second elven priest shows up out of nowhere, together with an acolyte. They blind me several times and i need to dip into my potions, but eventually they both go down. I find a tiny room they were hiding in, with two rings (useful for casting Identify) and a staff. And also, enough XP to make it to CL14, 78HP and 29SP.

I manage to cast both Identify and Less Recharging (my wand explodes ..) but come up with nothing, really; Open Wounds, Slow Digestion, and Teleportation ...

time to go down the stairs.
Old May 15, 2017, 12:28   #19
Sky
Knight

DL11:

i find a bunch of mirkwood spiders, a disenchanter mold, a mouse .. nothing here suggests level feeling 4-3; there is probably a unique somewhere in a corner, like Lugash, which i dont feel like fighting.

I move around the dungeon, occasionally casting Detect Monsters. What i didnt expect was a huge stream of soldiers to rush out at me all at once .. it must be a monster pit. I kill a few but decide to bail out early, and Teleport Self when i have 12 SP, then hit n run by resting, nuking a couple soldiers, TS, rest, etc.

Yep, it's a monster pit allright. Easterling warriors join the queue and i need to bail out several times before they are all dead. One of them is kind enough to drop a rapier of *Slay Orc* which does the same damage as my lucerne hammer, but weights substantially less. I drop the hammer and another couple weapons for the fight so as to not be slowed down. Each time i need to bail, i make sure to have 2x 6SP, in case i fail a TS check.

During one of my teleports, i stumble upon two bears, which give me enough XP to ding to CL15; i now have 84 HP and 31 SP. I also meet a tengu, fail 4 out of 5 castings of (40% fail) Acid Bolt, and finally just melee' the damn thing. A Hyppogrif trying to be smart with me, following me around, but i show him who's boss. Finally the pit is cleared, it's time to go back.
Old May 15, 2017, 13:11   #20
Sky
Knight

fourth recall, DL0:

selling everything, but the BM is short of interesting gear. I now have 10.000 GP and looking to buy something interesting.

I get into a fight with some mercenary-looking guy .. doesn't go too well for him.

recalling down to dungeon ...