Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old February 25, 2017, 23:58   #1
Qyx
Apprentice

Qyx is on a distinguished road
Question [Oangband] inscriptions disappearing?

Returning to Angbands after a long absence, having a blast with the latest competition (in Oangband, #202), not sure if I've made a mistake in my macro or inscription, but for some reason, my missile weapons seem to keep losing their inscriptions. Here's my setup:

Keymap: h > f0.
Insciption: @f0

It's supposed to fire my chosen missile at the closest enemy. It'll work for a while, but all of a sudden the inscription will just disappear. Any advice would be welcome, thank you.
Qyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26, 2017, 10:49   #2
Qyx
Apprentice

Well, I've noticed a couple things that might have been involved... I hadn't realized that inscribing @v0 on a dagger might knock the inscription off the arrows... also, that if I'd inscribed some set of arrows f0, then ran out, inscribed another set of arrows but later picked up one of the first set, the second set would lose the inscription... I guess it's resolvable by using other slots besides 0, but is there some way to set the key map to fall through from one group to the other? Or should I just set up separate keys for each slot?
Old February 26, 2017, 20:30   #3
Qyx
Apprentice

Further development: Inscribed a stack of 3 daggers (good) with @v1, threw them, then picked them up, and they were all in different slots on the belt, only one with the inscription.

In game play settings, Merge inscriptions when stacking (stack_force_notes) is set to YES, the default.