Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Development

Old November 1, 2011, 14:07   #1
PowerWyrm
Prophet

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
[3.4-dev] Cannot compile with BC5

Got this error in main-win.c: unknown symbol AC_SRC_NO_PREMULT_ALPHA.
Looking at wingdi.h, both AC_SRC_ALPHA and AC_SRC_OVER symbols are defined, but not AC_SRC_NO_PREMULT_ALPHA.

Any idea what to do? Define AC_SRC_NO_PREMULT_ALPHA manually? With which value? Use AC_SRC_ALPHA instead?
Old February 3, 2013, 02:34   #2
APWhite
Adept

APWhite is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWyrm View Post
Looking at wingdi.h, both AC_SRC_ALPHA and AC_SRC_OVER symbols are defined, but not AC_SRC_NO_PREMULT_ALPHA.

Any idea what to do? Define AC_SRC_NO_PREMULT_ALPHA manually? With which value? Use AC_SRC_ALPHA instead?
I've been waiting for this one too. This is one of the stop-points for me and the 3.4 borg.
APWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3, 2013, 19:25   #3
Blue Baron
Adept

Blue Baron is on a distinguished road
Quote:

AC_SRC_NO_PREMULT_ALPHA should have been defined in wingdi.h. If it wasn't, it has the value 0x01. If it wasn't, you might want to add a compatibility define:

#ifndef AC_SRC_NO_PREMULT_ALPHA
#define AC_SRC_NO_PREMULT_ALPHA 0x01
#endif
Blue Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4, 2013, 13:39   #4
PowerWyrm
Prophet

The only value that's defines in all versions is AC_SRC_ALPHA. Use that instead of AC_SRC_NO_PREMULT_ALPHA which is not portable.
Old February 4, 2013, 23:27   #5
Blue Baron
Adept

Blue Baron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The only value that's defines in all versions is AC_SRC_ALPHA. Use that instead of AC_SRC_NO_PREMULT_ALPHA which is not portable.
Actually, only AC_SRC_ALPHA is used in the code, so I don't know how AC_SRC_NO_PREMULT_ALPHA is being used. (I just did a search for "AC_SRC_" in both 3.4.1 and the current dev version.)

However, I think that AC_SRC_NO_PREMULT_ALPHA is being used internally somewhere, because when I did a google search for AC_SRC_NO_PREMULT_ALPHA the first entry is an old irc dev log from Sept 19, 2011, where Magnate had the same problem. I replied:"Hi magnate: €˜AC_SRC_NO_PREMULT_ALPHA' should be defined in wingdi.h, but that should already be included, since the standard drawing function already uses it. It is in wingdi.h, both in visual studio and mingw."

I can't find anything now to support that "since the standard drawing function already uses it" but I'm sure I did back then.

Later on in the log, d_m writes: "that was one of the mingw bugs before... we needed to define WINVER (or something like it) at a higher level." This could be the problem, I recall that I needed a WINVER of 0x0400, magnate needed a WINVER of 0x0410, and someone else needed 0x0500, though that might have been for the alpha blend function. Perhaps your wingdi.h needs a higher WINVER to define it?

If it is not in your wingdi.h, I guess try adding the compatibility define just below "#include <wingdi.h>"?

hmm I went back through old angband directories and AC_SRC_NO_PREMULT_ALPHA was being used in main-win.c in that period. However, it was changed to AC_SRC_ALPHA sometime between Dec 2011 and Jan 2012. So if you have the line:
"blendfn.AlphaFormat = AC_SRC_NO_PREMULT_ALPHA;//AC_SRC_ALPHA;"
in your main-win.c, then it should be:
"blendfn.AlphaFormat = AC_SRC_ALPHA;"

Whew. Lots of options here, which seems closest to the problem?
Blue Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5, 2013, 13:00   #6
PowerWyrm
Prophet

My code has: blendfn.AlphaFormat = AC_SRC_ALPHA. I guess I changed it at the same time as it was changed.