Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old May 7, 2014, 01:30   #1
Deadguy
Scout

Deadguy is on a distinguished road
NPP 6.1 Priest questions

So Doofus my kobold rogue finally met a horrible end at the hands of Kavlax...thought I'd roll a priest, I hear a lot of dwarf priest love, so went that route..Koresh is cl22 and on dl31, finally found FA boots a while back.

Couple general questions: Ive basically been OODing everything to death, then meleeing when necessary..no good priest-friendly weps have come up yet however...is this basically what priests do, use OOD nonstop? Its effective so far, just curious.

Also can priests wear hand armor without penalty, or they get penalized like mages?

Any other midgame priest thoughts appreciated, thanks!
Old May 7, 2014, 01:44   #2
Diego Gonzalez
Adept

Diego Gonzalez is on a distinguished road
Priest spells are different than the ones in Vanilla since some time ago. I think you'll get useful ofensive spells later. In the classic way Priests use a combination of OOD and healing until the end game. In stat gain depth OOD is great but later it takes a longer time to kill foes than mages, so you have to heal a lot to survive the fights. Dont let your HP get too low. Always heal. Use melee or archery for non-evil monsters. Glyphs of warding grant some protection against melee attacks I think. Protection from evil and blessing/chant/prayer are useful too.
I know that some players like to play priests more like fighters with unlimited healing, when they get more blows of course. They use even unholy weapons too. I even heard that half-troll priests can be more powerful than paladins.
My problem with priests is that too many OOD+heal makes me play without caution and take bigger risks without thinking too much.

-Diego

Last edited by Diego Gonzalez; May 7, 2014 at 01:52.
Diego Gonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2014, 02:28   #3
Deadguy
Scout

Deadguy is on a distinguished road
Ah great, thanks. Just found EO, so thats helpful with the escapes. Thru experimentation, apparently hand armor doesnt interfere with priests. Tyvm for fast reply.