Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Closed Thread

Old April 25, 2007, 00:34   #1
takkaria
Veteran

Donated: $40
takkaria is on a distinguished road
Want a new feature...?

I track everything that gets posted on the forum and file bugs for everything I agree with. So, if you have a suggestion, start a new thread about the feature and you can be sure I'll read it and take it into consideration.

Last edited by takkaria; December 24, 2008 at 04:29.
Old March 6, 2008, 00:11   #2
Jenks
Rookie

Jenks is on a distinguished road
Hi, I'm playing 3.0.9 and enjoying the game. However I do miss the different 'feeling' about items that are now gone. There was nothing more exciting than getting an item you thought was 'special'. Now everything's just 'good' and part of the excitement's gone. Will this return?
Old March 6, 2008, 08:33   #3
Psi
Knight

Psi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenks View Post
Hi, I'm playing 3.0.9 and enjoying the game. However I do miss the different 'feeling' about items that are now gone. There was nothing more exciting than getting an item you thought was 'special'. Now everything's just 'good' and part of the excitement's gone. Will this return?
Are you sure you are not just playing a class that doesn't have heavy pseudo-id?

Completely off-topic, but where in Leicester are you from? I was back in my home town of Oadby at the weekend.
Old March 7, 2008, 10:42   #4
Jenks
Rookie

Jenks is on a distinguished road
I'm a Dunadan Ranger level 35 (Explorer). Most of the time I'm getting so much stuff I just ID it straight away with spell, but up to about DL25 everything was just 'good' or 'cursed', no 'excellent', 'special' or even 'terrible'.

I'm off the Narborough Road, LE3 btw.
Old March 7, 2008, 10:57   #5
Faust
Adept

Faust is on a distinguished road
Rangers get weak psuedo-ID so only get {good} or {cursed} instead of the warrior style strong psuedo-ID.
Old March 7, 2008, 15:11   #6
Rizwan
Swordsman

Rizwan is on a distinguished road
When wielding rings can we have it so that it asks us which hand we want to wield it on? Its a real pain when inventory is full and we have have to take off the ring ... the pack overflows ... wield the other ring .... pick up the first ring instead of just swapping the rings.
Old March 17, 2008, 04:28   #7
Anne
Adept

Anne is on a distinguished road
I'd like to request the ability to 'look' at objects from another grid. As it stands, we have to move onto the object in order to find out what it is, even things our character dropped there a few turns ago which, realistically speaking, they would obviously recognize from across the room or down the hall. In real life, you can tell a bottle of olive oil from a bottle of canola oil by the shape. On the game, similar items are often only differentiated by a slight difference in color, which makes things much more difficult to tell apart visually.
Old March 17, 2008, 06:01   #8
Djabanete
Knight

Djabanete is on a distinguished road
We have that ability, it is the regular 'l'ook command (e'x'amine for those of us who like the roguelike keyset). Press 'l' and then the directional keys to examine things at a distance.

Someone please correct me if I misunderstood Anne's question or if this has been changed since 3.0.6...
Old March 17, 2008, 14:09   #9
Bandobras
Knight

Bandobras is on a distinguished road
I guess Anne meant "Inspect" (show details about the object), e.g. by pressing 'r' when looking at a distant object. I might have been possible in old V, at least for objects not in a stack. Anne, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old March 17, 2008, 14:32   #10
zaimoni
Knight

zaimoni is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandobras View Post
I guess Anne meant "Inspect" (show details about the object), e.g. by pressing 'r' when looking at a distant object. I might have been possible in old V, at least for objects not in a stack. Anne, please correct me if I'm wrong.
'r' when looking in V3.0.6 exists only when looking at a stack; it toggles a list view of the stack.
Closed Thread