Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Development

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 22, 2009, 21:22   #1
PaulBlay
Knight
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 657
PaulBlay is on a distinguished road
Small feature patch for Angband SVN

I've made a 'new feature' that could be added to Angband (or a variant). Changes made to the following files from the SVN version:

\src\init1.c
\src\defines.h
\src\monster\monster2.c
\src\monster\types.h
\lib\edit\monster.txt

(Hopefully that's all of them)

If the patch files (attached) are applied to Angband a surprise awaits the player in the town level (obviously no surprise if you look at the contents before applying them ;-)

I was going to put this on the development newsletter, but I thought I'd 'christen' the new Development forum.

[EDIT] Hey! It's my 100th post. (just noticed)
Attached Files
File Type: zip surprise.zip (27.7 KB, 211 views)
PaulBlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22, 2009, 21:29   #2
pav
Administrator
 
pav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Prague, Czech republic
Age: 39
Posts: 783
pav is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to pav
Ahaha, funny. You can put all the chunks into a single patch file, BTW, not a file per file. Nice idea how to axe the FORCE_MAXHP flag, that could be applied in Vanilla on it's own.
__________________
See the elves and everything! http://angband.oook.cz
pav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22, 2009, 21:40   #3
PaulBlay
Knight
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 657
PaulBlay is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav View Post
Ahaha, funny. You can put all the chunks into a single patch file, BTW, not a file per file. Nice idea how to axe the FORCE_MAXHP flag, that could be applied in Vanilla on it's own.
'Associate' could have gone into the third, unused, W: slot but that looked a little risky with the 'power' business. I would also suggest that monsters with FRIEND, FRIENDS, ESCORT, ESCORTS that have non-zero 'associate' values could use that specific monster instead of the usual routine.

I (mis)used rarity=0 to mean "never place this monster in normal dungeon generation." It seems to work (but I don't know why )
PaulBlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22, 2009, 22:15   #4
Pete Mack
Prophet
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,698
Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulBlay View Post
I (mis)used rarity=0 to mean "never place this monster in normal dungeon generation." It seems to work (but I don't know why )
Because that's what rarity 0 means. I hope you didn't replace QUESTOR with this, because QUESTOR monsters are eventually regenerated after *Destruction*.
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22, 2009, 23:54   #5
zaimoni
Knight
 
zaimoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 590
zaimoni is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulBlay View Post
I've made a 'new feature' that could be added to Angband (or a variant). Changes made to the following files from the SVN version:

\src\init1.c
\src\defines.h
\src\monster\monster2.c
\src\monster\types.h
\lib\edit\monster.txt

(Hopefully that's all of them)

If the patch files (attached) are applied to Angband a surprise awaits the player in the town level (obviously no surprise if you look at the contents before applying them ;-)

I was going to put this on the development newsletter, but I thought I'd 'christen' the new Development forum.

[EDIT] Hey! It's my 100th post. (just noticed)
An interesting strategy to de-hack Z's Warriors of the Dawn (just configure the probability as well).
zaimoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23, 2009, 00:16   #6
CunningGabe
Swordsman
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 250
CunningGabe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulBlay View Post
I would also suggest that monsters with FRIEND, FRIENDS, ESCORT, ESCORTS that have non-zero 'associate' values could use that specific monster instead of the usual routine.
I think this is a really cool idea. I once thought it would be amusing to have two uniques -- Tweedle-Dum and Tweedle-Dee -- who always appeared together. You could have vampires appearing with a vampire bat escort. There are lots of fun possibilities.
CunningGabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23, 2009, 03:26   #7
Big Al
Swordsman
 
Big Al's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Calgary
Age: 32
Posts: 327
Donated: $18.32
Big Al is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CunningGabe View Post
I think this is a really cool idea. I once thought it would be amusing to have two uniques -- Tweedle-Dum and Tweedle-Dee -- who always appeared together. You could have vampires appearing with a vampire bat escort. There are lots of fun possibilities.
Amusing thought:

N:618:Tweedle-Dum
W:0:1:0:0:619
F:UNIQUE | TRANSFORM

N:619:Tweedle-Dee
W:0:1:0:0:618
F:UNIQUE | TRANSFORM

It would never die!
__________________
Come play Metroplexity!
Un, V MX H- D c-- f- PV s- d+ P++ M+
c-- S I++ So+ B+ ac- !GHB SQ RQ+ V+
Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23, 2009, 09:18   #8
Magnate
Angband Devteam member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 5,057
Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav View Post
Ahaha, funny. You can put all the chunks into a single patch file, BTW, not a file per file. Nice idea how to axe the FORCE_MAXHP flag, that could be applied in Vanilla on it's own.
Um ... hasn't FORCE_MAXHP already gone? Monsters now have specific hp figures, not XdY.

CC
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23, 2009, 09:49   #9
PaulBlay
Knight
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 657
PaulBlay is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
Um ... hasn't FORCE_MAXHP already gone? Monsters now have specific hp figures, not XdY.
Yes, that was nothing to do with me. The flag was still hanging around in the flag list in one file, but that was all.
PaulBlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting Unangband/Angband from SVN and Compiling on Windows andrewdoull Development 133 April 7, 2011 14:28
Angband SVN down? PaulBlay Vanilla 6 February 19, 2009 16:44
feature request + patch: item list command/tem? d_m Vanilla 2 October 5, 2008 04:19
Small bug in angband-3.0.9b-win.zip bdo Vanilla 1 May 2, 2008 19:34
Small Levels bonzo Variants 7 February 29, 2008 20:50


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 23:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.