AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old November 16, 2009, 04:11   #11
will_asher
DaJAngband Maintainer

Donated: $10
will_asher is on a distinguished road
I'd kinda hate to do this but..

A bugfix update already. It's not really a serious bug, but I consider it serious enough to post an update because it makes certain monsters stupidly easy if you notice the exploit. sorry bout that..

(download link updated in original post)

Play DaJAngband:
http://sites.google.com/site/dajangbandwebsite/home

Last edited by will_asher; November 16, 2009 at 07:17.
will_asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17, 2009, 00:39   #12
fizzix
Prophet

fizzix is on a distinguished road
jeez necromancer class is brutal.

weak attack, weak hp, and random summoning of demons. I mean, random summoning of demons would be fine *if* the class was too powerful, or if it had an early escape or charm demon spell. Even if it couldn't summon OoD demons, it'd be doable.

(I think i'll play around with another class...)
fizzix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17, 2009, 02:53   #13
will_asher
DaJAngband Maintainer

noted. I'll improve the necromancer's playability for next release. <looks at the class and demon summoning code> I think I'll ease the demon summoning a little (more rarely out of depth, not quite as common), and re-arrange his spells a little so he'll have earlier access to some important ones. This will involve abolishing my plans for a witch class so that the necromancer can use four town books. I probably wouldn't have gotten around to implementing it anyway.

Play DaJAngband:

Last edited by will_asher; November 17, 2009 at 03:03.
Old November 17, 2009, 06:02   #14
will_asher
DaJAngband Maintainer

AAaaarrrrggghhh

I had played with themed levels for about three weeks and they worked fine. Then, just before I released 1.1.0, I made a tweak which introduced a bug which makes theme-only monsters appear in the wrong themed levels sometimes.

This is only a test ..pretty soon after a little more testing, I'll release the REAL 1.1.0.. feel free to find some more bugs for me before I make another release.

Play DaJAngband:
Old November 17, 2009, 13:16   #15
fizzix
Prophet

fizzix is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by will_asher View Post
I had played with themed levels for about three weeks and they worked fine. Then, just before I released 1.1.0, I made a tweak which introduced a bug which makes theme-only monsters appear in the wrong themed levels sometimes.

This is only a test ..pretty soon after a little more testing, I'll release the REAL 1.1.0.. feel free to find some more bugs for me before I make another release.
I was cataloging as I go. But I can also post as I find them.

There's a bizarre bug in the item-list subwindow. I think it's failing to update properly. It updates when you enter/leave a level. pick-up/drop an item. However, it does not update when you see a new item on the floor either from entering a room or from killing a monster. I do not know about detections because I haven't tried a detect object spell/scroll yet.

(started a war-mage character, after giving up on the necro)
fizzix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17, 2009, 19:57   #16
ekolis
Knight

ekolis is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ekolis Send a message via MSN to ekolis Send a message via Yahoo to ekolis
Did you take the page down, or am I having some serious DNS troubles?
ekolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17, 2009, 20:46   #17
will_asher
DaJAngband Maintainer

I did not take it down, but I just tried to go there and it's not working for me either. It'll let me go to the part to edit the webpage, but not actually go to the webpage. That doesn't make sense.
..It seemed before like a good place to host my website. If it's not back up within a day or two I'll have to look for yet another place to host my website.

EDIT: I just tried again and it's working now. Hopefully, it doesn't happen again (or at least not too often..)

Play DaJAngband:

Last edited by will_asher; November 17, 2009 at 21:21.
Old November 19, 2009, 00:10   #18
zaimoni
Knight

zaimoni is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by will_asher View Post
I did not take it down, but I just tried to go there and it's not working for me either. It'll let me go to the part to edit the webpage, but not actually go to the webpage. That doesn't make sense.
Hmm...sounds like a misconfiguration issue.

Usually, if the problem is a hard bandwidth throttle you'll get an error page stating generally that the page has been viewed too many times.
zaimoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20, 2009, 09:15   #19
will_asher
DaJAngband Maintainer

Announce DaJAngband 1.1.0 Bugfix update

OK, here's the REAL DaJAngband 1.1.0

download here:
http://www.datafilehost.com/download-26ca8e0e.html

This fixes the bug which made the wrong monsters appear in themed levels.
It also fixes an obscure weapon description bug.

I also made some improvements to the necromancer class:
- necromancy-realm spells rearranged a little so the necromancer gets earlier access to some important spells.
- eased the random demon summoning caused by black magic. It summons out of depth demons much less often now and never summons when your max depth is < dl3. Also, the summoned demons don't always appear right next to you.
- the spell vampiric drain now works as it should. When I was looking at the black magic realm, I noticed that this spell did not do what it was supposed to do at all.
- the necromancy realm teleportation spells have slightly less penalty now.

And a couple other changes since the original 1.1.0:
Throwing might (like from gauntlets of throwing) is now shown on the
(c)haracter screen with the resistances.
One more new potion has been added (replacing slow poison).

EDIT: and I forgot to mention: the object list should update when it's supposed to now.
EDIT: well I thought I fixed that bug anyway. It seems the object list still doesn't always update when it should.

EDIT: It also appears that that new potion I added still looks like a potion of slow poison. stinkin. (I know I put the new potion in my development copy of object.txt, but I guess I forgot to copy it to the directory I made the zip file from. This means the new potion is a bit more common than it's supposed to be because it's just as common as !slow poison was.) It has the effect of the new potion, so I'll go ahead and tell you what it is:
Potion of Temporary Boost: It temporarily boosts one stat by 4. It chooses which stat to raise like this: If you're a decent spellcaster (learn your first spell before clvl4), the first choice is your spell stat. The first choice is dexterity for archers. Otherwise the first choice is strength. Strength is the second choice if it isn't the first. Then constitution. If the first choice stat is maxxed or near-maxxed, it will go to the next choice.

sorry again about the stuttered release.

Play DaJAngband:

Last edited by will_asher; November 22, 2009 at 00:29.
Old November 21, 2009, 12:11   #20
Dark
Apprentice

Dark is on a distinguished road
Well, i rather missed this one with the bugs and staggering, ---- which is very jammy of me, ---- stil i'm here now.

I'll look forward to environments and themed levels and monsters (deffinatly sute my exploration liking) , --- pluss the knight classes sinse as a paladin player I'm a big fan of fighters which get similarly limited access to other realms.

the only slightly sad thing is losing the grand monster memory of my mighty warrior's 30 level run, ---- but hopefully i'll be able to get there again soon.
Dark is offline   Reply With Quote