Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old April 3, 2011, 17:26   #1
SSK
Adept

SSK is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Character Status Display issue in 3.2.0 MacOSX

So, I've returned to the addiction after a long absence.

Dangerous issue (for the character) in this version it seems:
Character status (Hungry, Blind, Confused, Stunned, Poisoned etc), which is supposed to be displayed at the bottom of the Angband window is not properly displayed.

I can get it to show up if I rest (R) for any amount of time, but if I am blind and confused and near death and not sure what the status is I may not be able to rest. Also I can see myself dying by not realizing what my status is.

Is this a flat-out bug, or do I have some option(s) turned off that need to be on?
SSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3, 2011, 18:08   #2
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
It works fine for me, also on OSX, so I'm not certain what the problem is. As far as I know there's no options that control that display. The only thing I can think of is that maybe you've shrunk your window and the bottom row no longer fits? Otherwise this sounds like a bug to me.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3, 2011, 18:14   #3
SSK
Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derakon View Post
The only thing I can think of is that maybe you've shrunk your window and the bottom row no longer fits? Otherwise this sounds like a bug to me.
Can't be that--it shows up properly when I rest; at least I think it can't. The window does behave weirdly in general--I might need to try resetting the size a few times.

Can I ask what graphics and font settings you are using?

I just did some tinkering. After I do a rest, say for 1 turn, it will show up at the bottom line of the window, apparently regardless of what size, font, and graphic style I choose--but it does not update on a turn-by-turn basis as it should, and often disappears altogether, only reappearing if I do R1 or R any length of turns. How is the case with my download of 3.2.0 OSX and not yours?

OK I just did MORE tinkering and it seems that resetting tile height to "double" (previously "single") and redoing some font size things allow it to properly display under certain conditions. It's very wonky and if you use wrong window size/ tile height/font setting it doesn't work. Uggh. Obviously seeing real-time status is essential LOL. Thanks for answering though.

Last edited by SSK; April 3, 2011 at 18:37.
Old April 3, 2011, 19:29   #4
buzzkill
Prophet

Donated: $8
buzzkill is on a distinguished road
If you're playing with tiles, you may need to, depending on the size of you monitor and screen resolution settings, shrink the tile height a little to fit the status line in on the bottom of the screen.
Old April 3, 2011, 21:42   #5
SSK
Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzkill View Post
If you're playing with tiles, you may need to, depending on the size of you monitor and screen resolution settings, shrink the tile height a little to fit the status line in on the bottom of the screen.
Actually just the opposite--I needed to use DOUBLE tile height--it wouldn't display on SINGLE tile height--and the window height had to be just right. If it was too large OR too small it wouldnt display. Like I said--very wonky. But fixed now. Thanx!