AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Development

Old January 5, 2010, 03:45   #1
buzzkill
Prophet

Donated: $8
buzzkill is on a distinguished road
Attacking unseen invisibles

I was running across a room to pick a weapon lying there. I accidentally bumped into a unseen, undetected, invisible monster, killing it. It dropped bronze dragon scale mail. I was happy with the unexpected results, because I really needed some decent armour, but it just didn't seem right.

I'm proposing that unseen/undetected invisibles must be actively intentionally attacked, not simply bumped into. I don't even know if there is an 'attack command', maybe use the '+' (alter) command or add a new command. You would have to press the 'attack key' and then a direction in order to attack an un-visible enemy in that square. If there is nothing (to attack) in that square, then you would rest (for 1 turn) instead. Simply bumping into an un-visible would 'push past' it, causing an irresistible counter-attack (damage, stat or XP draining, or other effects native to the monster being passed through).

Alternatively, bumping into something un-visible could simply detect it, rather than attack it. I feel that either solution is preferable to the current status-quo.

Obviously, this is an early game concern, before SI/ESP is attained.
Old January 5, 2010, 05:09   #2
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
Dunno about the suggestion, but you can use control + direction to attack in that direction without moving if nothing is there. I use it often for killing large groups of enemies (c.f. pits).
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5, 2010, 05:20   #3
Pete Mack
Prophet

Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derakon View Post
Dunno about the suggestion, but you can use control + direction to attack in that direction without moving if nothing is there. I use it often for killing large groups of enemies (c.f. pits).
Hey, that's a great idea! No more space-bar and escaping endless '--more--'
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote