Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old April 29, 2016, 04:24   #1
calris
Adept

calris is on a distinguished road
Item ignore bug (or maybe not)

I accidentally ignored my Rations of Food and now I cannot for the life of me unignore them - they don't show up as ignore in the Item Ignore setup screen, but every time I turn Ignore on ('K') they get dropped...

Ah ok, found it - after I inscribed them with !d, turned on ignore mode, and then used 'unignore this item' on them it's all fixed. Maybe not a bug, but very confusing
calris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2016, 10:06   #2
takkaria
Veteran

Donated: $40
takkaria is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by calris View Post
I accidentally ignored my Rations of Food and now I cannot for the life of me unignore them - they don't show up as ignore in the Item Ignore setup screen, but every time I turn Ignore on ('K') they get dropped...

Ah ok, found it - after I inscribed them with !d, turned on ignore mode, and then used 'unignore this item' on them it's all fixed. Maybe not a bug, but very confusing
This is because item ignoring is two different systems: manual and automatic. You can ignore individual items, but that's not the same as ignoring all items of that type forever. As you found, to un-ignore an individual item, you use the 'k' menu again. HTH
Old April 29, 2016, 10:24   #3
calris
Adept

calris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by takkaria View Post
This is because item ignoring is two different systems: manual and automatic. You can ignore individual items, but that's not the same as ignoring all items of that type forever. As you found, to un-ignore an individual item, you use the 'k' menu again. HTH
Yeah, I figured that in the end - the semantics are just confusing - 'unignore all x' does not unignore any 'x' that you have chosen to ignore 'only this item' - Not a bug, just a Trap for Young Players
calris is offline   Reply With Quote