AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Sil

Old January 4, 2014, 11:32   #31
half
Knight

half is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by locus View Post
With the new out-of-depth item generation it's like every day is Christmas! I found a ring of protection and a longsword at 50'.
Let's see how this continues. The difference between 1 in 10 and 1 in 7 shouldn't be all that big (10% of items vs 14% of items).
half is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4, 2014, 11:40   #32
taptap
Knight

taptap is on a distinguished road
The changes to song are huge. The sharpness change was very much expected. Together with the change to woven themes we will see much more varied endgames I guess.
taptap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4, 2014, 13:05   #33
Infinitum
Adept

Infinitum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatha View Post
This is probably a font-caching issue that we've seen before on switching versions. If you reboot, I expect it will work; alternatively you could change the fonts.

Let us know if that doesn't work.
Rebooting solved the issue; the game now launches properly. Ta! Off to explore the changes.
Infinitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4, 2014, 14:11   #34
getter77
Adept

getter77 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to getter77 Send a message via MSN to getter77 Send a message via Yahoo to getter77
Congrats on a fine new major release for Sil! debo's response has got to be the desired one when you get right down to it.
getter77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4, 2014, 14:39   #35
taptap
Knight

See my Baril char in the ladder for the first bug I found. Exchange places by cat warrior pushed me outside the dungeon and gave me the you escaped Angband with your task unfulfilled. A bit sad, was a really strong char.
Old January 4, 2014, 14:46   #36
HallucinationMushroom
Knight

HallucinationMushroom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by taptap View Post
See my Baril char in the ladder for the first bug I found. Exchange places by cat warrior pushed me outside the dungeon and gave me the you escaped Angband with your task unfulfilled. A bit sad, was a really strong char.
Congrats! You just found the Sil version of Nowhere Town. I've only been able to play for a total of five minutes, but did come across chasms. A really cool feature. I couldn't resist jumping down them. I can't wait to test if knockback would drop a monster down a chasm if they were next to it... that would be cool.
Old January 4, 2014, 15:14   #37
Scatha
Swordsman

Scatha is on a distinguished road
Sorry about that, and thanks for the bug report. Can you say anything more about the circumstances? Exchange Places has worked fine in our playtesting.
Scatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4, 2014, 15:42   #38
half
Knight

half is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by taptap View Post
Very interesting bug, and annoying if it happens to you! I've fixed it in the development version and will probably release a version 1.2.1 in a week or so when we know about most of the new bugs we've introduced.

For now, note that Cat Warriors can cause this terrible behaviour if you kill them with a free attack while they are exchanging places with you. Note that it can only happen with Riposte, so if you turn that off with Cat Warriors that is a work-around. I'll try to release the fixed version soon. Keep the bug reports coming!
half is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4, 2014, 15:57   #39
taptap
Knight

Well, I registrated it as an achievement - first char to teleport out of Angband
Old January 4, 2014, 16:56   #40
Infinitum
Adept

Infinitum is on a distinguished road
Chasms can potentially lock characters out of parts of a level - especially annoying early since it can potentially shut one out of the 100' forge (just happened to me, suicided just to make certain). Also, gray chasms looks a bit out of place; I think it would look better if they were pitch black instead.
Infinitum is offline   Reply With Quote