Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Sil

Old January 4, 2014, 16:16   #41
Psi
Knight

Psi is on a distinguished road
Longbow of radiance did not autoid after lighting up a both a 1 and then 2 square corridor between rooms.
Psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4, 2014, 16:32   #42
debo
Veteran

debo is on a distinguished road
Hmmn. Haven't had that problem yet, I found a couple of those already and they both autoed.
Old January 4, 2014, 16:42   #43
Psi
Knight

Psi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by debo View Post
Hmmn. Haven't had that problem yet, I found a couple of those already and they both autoed.
It autoided on the first long corridor it lit, but neither of the small ones before it.

I am also wondering what the intended way to open chests is now that lore master does not identify them - is there another way other than _Understanding?
Psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4, 2014, 16:58   #44
half
Knight

half is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinitum View Post
Chasms can potentially lock characters out of parts of a level - especially annoying early since it can potentially shut one out of the 100' forge (just happened to me, suicided just to make certain). Also, gray chasms looks a bit out of place; I think it would look better if they were pitch black instead.
Yes, they are supposed to occasionally lock you out of parts of the level. I might have to do something to protect the 100 ft forge though. They can't trap you from leaving the level, since you can jump down them. If you would like more mobility to get past them, there is an ability for that (though 100 ft is a bit early for it).

Pitch black would not work well as it is already overloaded as the symbol for unknown squares and for dark floor squares.
half is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4, 2014, 17:04   #45
debo
Veteran

debo is on a distinguished road
Very minor nagging thing, there seems to be a more prompt in the middle of autopickingup throwing weapons that I don't remember being there before. Every time you autopickup, it says "You see a Thing... --More-- You now have X Things"

Can I stop orc warriors from charging by slowing them with potions of slowness? If so, new elite tech

Ctrl-T and wieldless digging are AMAZING
Old January 4, 2014, 17:19   #46
half
Knight

half is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by debo View Post
Very minor nagging thing, there seems to be a more prompt in the middle of autopickingup throwing weapons that I don't remember being there before. Every time you autopickup, it says "You see a Thing... --More-- You now have X Things"
OK, I've got rid of the first of these messages for autopickup things (thrown items and fired arrows).

Quote:
Can I stop orc warriors from charging by slowing them with potions of slowness? If so, new elite tech
I just checked and yes you can.

Quote:
Ctrl-T and wieldless digging are AMAZING
Thanks! They both took quite a bit of thought to get right. For the latter I believe I have mpa-sil and the IRC channel to thank.
half is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4, 2014, 19:02   #47
decoy
Scout

decoy is on a distinguished road
Just loaded it up, looks good so far though a few of the changes make me sad...If you haven't, you might want to make arrows' native depth 50' as well. Found a shortbow at 50', which was one thing...But if the idea is to make archers easier to start, an archer cannot fire with bow alone.
decoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4, 2014, 21:10   #48
elliptic
Rookie

elliptic is on a distinguished road
Great release! I'm not that excited about chasms so far and I'm not sure about the song changes, but basically all the other changes look really good to me.

Here is one bugfix that you might want to include in 1.2.1.
elliptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4, 2014, 22:25   #49
BlueFish
Swordsman

BlueFish is on a distinguished road
Very cool. Thanks, half and Scatha. I noticed a few changes to Smithing that didn't make the change log - horns are now available and the costs for mithril items are now much lower (thanks for that one!).

I've been working on a build for a couple months in 1.1 and have never won with it. I guess I'll have no shot in 1.2, but I'll give it a shot!
BlueFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4, 2014, 22:28   #50
bisonbison
Rookie

bisonbison is on a distinguished road
Love following this game. Any thoughts on the eventual possibility of online play and/or tiles?
bisonbison is offline   Reply With Quote