Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old July 2, 2020, 23:37   #101
Sideways
Knight

Sideways is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by budswell View Post
So playing my first ever sorcerer.
-50 AC ? Wow, so basically assume I will always get hit so keep away right?
Yes, since sorcerers have by far the weakest melee of any class, they have no incentive not to keep away in any case.

Quote:
Also, all armour (even just boots) "encumbers movement". What is the actual effect of this. Worth copping for resistences etc?
It's an SP reduction; the lower the total weight of the armour worn by the sorcerer, the more SP the sorcerer has. While sorcerers really, really need SP, they do need resistances and bonuses even more; so favor light armour (such as robes) but don't try to fight naked.

Quote:
What is actual penalty of icky wield? Worth copping for weapons with good resists/abilities?
Depends on class. On sorcerers I think it just nukes the melee completely, but since sorcerer melee is unworkable in any case I'd expect that to not be a big issue.
Old July 5, 2020, 17:01   #102
lea2501
Scout

lea2501 is on a distinguished road
Hi! i was trying to compile it under Arch Linux, for dependencies it state i need:

Code:
    $ sudo apt-get install autoconf gcc libc6-dev libncursesw5-dev libx11-dev
When when i run the "./compile" step it says:

Code:
-- Frontends --
- Curses                                  No; missing libraries
I have installed the "core/ncurses" package, but i could not find the "libncursesw5" one.

Code:
$ pacman -Ss libncurses
core/ncurses 6.2-1 [instalado]
    System V Release 4.0 curses emulation library
Any advice to compile it with ncurses interface? Thanks!
lea2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6, 2020, 00:53   #103
HugoTheGreat2011
Veteran

HugoTheGreat2011 is on a distinguished road
Try this one:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/n...5-compat-libs/
Old July 6, 2020, 01:14   #104
lea2501
Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 View Post
Thank you so much! it compiled flawlessly

Code:
-- Frontends --
- Curses                                  Yes
Old July 6, 2020, 03:12   #105
HugoTheGreat2011
Veteran

HugoTheGreat2011 is on a distinguished road
Glad to hear this is working successfully. And a +1 since this is evidence FCPB can be successfully compiled on ArchLinux. Let us know if there are any other ongoing problems
Old July 6, 2020, 03:26   #106
lea2501
Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 View Post
Glad to hear this is working successfully. And a +1 since this is evidence FCPB can be successfully compiled on ArchLinux. Let us know if there are any other ongoing problems
Ups, it compiled but after installed with

Code:
$ sudo make install
i don't have the binary file in the path it seams...

Code:
$ frogcomposband -h
-bash: frogcomposband: orden no encontrada
And if i try to launch the compiled binary from the cloned source directory i got a system directory instead of my home directory for savegames, how can i change it to point to something like '.frogcomposband/Frogcomposband/save', like vanilla angband?

Code:
$ ./src/frogcomposband -uUser1 -mgcu -- -n1
./src/frogcomposband: Cannot create '/usr/local/var/games/frogcomposband/user'
Old July 6, 2020, 19:03   #107
CyclopsSlayer
Swordsman

CyclopsSlayer is on a distinguished road
A very minor bug, Spelling issue.

In the 'Mushroom (Thalos) quest. The first line of the text is "Are you here to enrol?" It should be 'enroll'
CyclopsSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6, 2020, 21:38   #108
grodrigues
Rookie

grodrigues is on a distinguished road
Renaming

I'm on Arch Linux, but playing with the windows version via Wine; there is no package either at the official repos or in the AUR so this saves me the hassle of having to hunt down dependencies and compile, especially so since I want tiles as the curses UI is just a soup letter to my untrained eyes.

Anyway, here is a (minor) annoyance. I symlink my pref files to keep things centralized and easy to back up. What happens with the mogaminator pref files, and only those, is that Frog loads them correctly at the start of the game (e.g. I have been playing necromancers lately, so it loads pickpref-necromancer.prf) but then saves it with the character name (e.g. something like pickpref-Fauglin.prf) and presumably, since the pref with the char name is what loads last, it is that one that wins. If I then synmlink to the original class file but with the character name, then all is fine and dandy again. Is it possible to correct this behavior, e.g. not resave the class pref file with the character name? I do not know if this is a weird clash with Wine, but it is an annoyance.
grodrigues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6, 2020, 21:41   #109
Sideways
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsSlayer View Post
A very minor bug, Spelling issue.

In the 'Mushroom (Thalos) quest. The first line of the text is "Are you here to enrol?" It should be 'enroll'
Difference between US and British English. The game isn't particularly picky about which variety of English it uses, in a few places it even tries to improve on them all
Old July 6, 2020, 22:04   #110
Sideways
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by grodrigues View Post
Is it possible to correct this behavior, e.g. not resave the class pref file with the character name?
Maybe I'm missing something; but this feels like a situation where, for the overwhelming majority of the time, the current behavior is desirable; and I am not even entirely sure what change you would like to see.

It would perhaps, with some massive mega-hacks, be possible to not save under the character name if the character-specific preferences and the class preferences are identical; but in that case it makes no difference which file you back up, and also no difference which file you load. If you actually edit the preferences for a character, there's no way it's not going to save them in a character-specific file, though you can always use the 'Save as' command or otherwise copy them.

(I'm glad to hear FrogComposband works through Wine, though; a couple years ago, it was reported that a major fix for regular Windows had actually just moved the bug to Wine, and I never got around to doing anything about that.)

Tags
frogcomposband