Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old July 11, 2014, 16:48   #1
ron_post
Rookie

ron_post is on a distinguished road
[3.5.0] bug: Crash on detect monsters on new level

Several times now, I've gone to a new level, cast detect doors and traps, then cast detect monster. The game consistently crashes on detect monster (I've set it to save when changing levels, and reloading will recreate the crash). This also happens if I cast detect monster (or reveal monsters) immediately on level change.

However, if I play around on the level a bit before casting detect monsters, it's fine. And it doesn't appear to be all levels, although I haven't tested this as much.

I've attached my current save game, which should crash if you load it and cast detect monsters.

Edit: It seems to be related to uniques being detected - perhaps before being seen normally?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Rose.zip (13.4 KB, 62 views)

Last edited by ron_post; July 11, 2014 at 18:17.
ron_post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2014, 23:01   #2
MattB
Veteran

MattB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_post View Post
Several times now, I've gone to a new level, cast detect doors and traps, then cast detect monster. The game consistently crashes on detect monster (I've set it to save when changing levels, and reloading will recreate the crash). This also happens if I cast detect monster (or reveal monsters) immediately on level change.

However, if I play around on the level a bit before casting detect monsters, it's fine. And it doesn't appear to be all levels, although I haven't tested this as much.

I've attached my current save game, which should crash if you load it and cast detect monsters.

Edit: It seems to be related to uniques being detected - perhaps before being seen normally?
Is Mim around, perchance?
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12, 2014, 00:33   #3
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
This is a known bug - it's when a monster name has an accented letter which hits the edge of the monster list window. Resizing the monster list window is a fix for any current detection, but of course it can easily happen again.

There are vague moves afoot to have a bugfix for 3.5.0 - we'll see how that goes.
Old July 17, 2014, 07:29   #4
Timo Pietilš
Prophet

Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
There are vague moves afoot to have a bugfix for 3.5.0 - we'll see how that goes.
Just noticed that in my chardump turncount is odd, it shows same turncount for every event in player history. I have vague memory that this is also known bug. If there is a bugfix, does that include that fix as well?
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2014, 12:06   #5
PowerWyrm
Prophet

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo Pietilš View Post
Just noticed that in my chardump turncount is odd, it shows same turncount for every event in player history. I have vague memory that this is also known bug. If there is a bugfix, does that include that fix as well?
http://trac.rephial.org/ticket/1825