Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > The real world > Idle chatter

Old October 10, 2015, 22:48   #1
Susramanian
Apprentice

Susramanian is on a distinguished road
Oafmatch, an RPG with an optional roguelike dungeon

Hey, all. I never have been able to kick my roguelike habit. I just submitted my first game to Steam Greenlight, and though the game as a whole is not a roguelike, there's an entire endgame mode that is.

The game is Oafmatch, an RPG with match-three combat mechanics, in the spirit of Puzzle Quest. The roguelike chunk I mentioned is a huge randomly-generated dungeon that unlocks after killing the final boss, in which one can unlock a bunch of new characters and loot. Dying ejects you from the dungeon, but loot and unlocks are retained, so that gradual progress occurs over the course of many runs. Not exactly a hardcore roguelike, but still a novel feature for such a game!

The Greenlight mountain is looking very high and steep from where we're standing, so I hope that some of you are willing to vote for Oafmatch and help us realize a big dream.

Thanks a bunch!
Susramanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2015, 19:46   #2
Susramanian
Apprentice

Susramanian is on a distinguished road
Demo!

We've just finished making a big, free demo available for Windows. It has Oafmatch's first three zones, which should make for about five to ten hours of gameplay. We don't have much of a social media presence, but we're confident that the game sells itself. Please take a look at the demo, and share with anybody you think might be interested!

www.oafmatch.com
Susramanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24, 2015, 23:32   #3
Rowan
Adept

Rowan is on a distinguished road
Enjoying it so far- only had time to play for a little bit. Thanks for posting the link!
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote