Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old May 19, 2020, 19:08   #391
DavidMedley
Knight

DavidMedley is on a distinguished road
Game just keeps getting better all the time. Among a hundred things, the latest changes to the monster recall really clarify monster speed and melee damage. Keep up the good work Nick and everyone else!
DavidMedley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2020, 18:18   #392
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Ingwe Ingweron is on a distinguished road
Is there any reason for id by use of mushrooms to go wonky recently? @ just ate a "waxy mushroom", hallucinated wildly, felt drugged, resistant to fire, resistant to cold, and very good, and now sees some Mushrooms of Emergency in a stack on the floor. BUT, when inspecting the mushrooms in question, the only data given other than its name is, "It can be eaten."
“We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
Ingwe Ingweron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2020, 18:39   #393
Cuboideb
Scout

Cuboideb is on a distinguished road
I created a Necro and tried Miasma for the first time at clvl 10. My character got confused, hallucinated and the clvl dropped to 1. I think its a bit too much. At that stage the only attack spell is nether bolt, until disenchant at clvl 16.

Also, the anti-teleport curse is silent. It should display a message when reading ?phase.
Cuboideb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2020, 21:54   #394
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron View Post
Is there any reason for id by use of mushrooms to go wonky recently? @ just ate a "waxy mushroom", hallucinated wildly, felt drugged, resistant to fire, resistant to cold, and very good, and now sees some Mushrooms of Emergency in a stack on the floor. BUT, when inspecting the mushrooms in question, the only data given other than its name is, "It can be eaten."
Hm, I'll have a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuboideb View Post
I created a Necro and tried Miasma for the first time at clvl 10. My character got confused, hallucinated and the clvl dropped to 1. I think its a bit too much. At that stage the only attack spell is nether bolt, until disenchant at clvl 16.
Typically the character doesn't encounter chaos that early - that does seem a lot. It is a pretty effective killer, though, and I do like the idea compared to poison. Thoughts?

Quote:
Also, the anti-teleport curse is silent. It should display a message when reading ?phase.
Yes, it should, and I'm surprised it didn't. Will check.
Old May 20, 2020, 23:05   #395
Cuboideb
Scout

Cuboideb is on a distinguished road
The confusion and hallucination can be a trade-off. The experience drain is the biggest problem I think. It causes a massive drop in HP and SP.

I really like chaos for a necro, it's more thematic than inertia or force. Can we have some kind of soft-chaos ?
Cuboideb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2020, 23:24   #396
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Quote:
The confusion and hallucination can be a trade-off. The experience drain is the biggest problem I think. It causes a massive drop in HP and SP.

I really like chaos for a necro, it's more thematic than inertia or force. Can we have some kind of soft-chaos ?
So life-drain mostly works by having a fixed percentage (2%) drain, plus a bit more. For nether, that bit more is 200 XP; for chaos, it's currently 5000.

My plan is to do away with the bit more for chaos, but raise the drain percentage to 3%.
Old May 21, 2020, 07:18   #397
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Quote:
Tested, and all seems to be working. If unaware of the curse (or the no-teleport rune) the player gets the messages "You have learned the rune of teleportation ban. Your <item> prevents you teleporting. You have learned the rune of anti-teleportation curse. Teleportation forbidden!"; if aware, it's just "Teleportation forbidden!".
Old May 21, 2020, 09:32   #398
Sphara
Swordsman

Sphara is on a distinguished road
What´s with the Lantern of Shadows again? I thought it was custom made for necromancers.
I found one very early as a Dunadan Necromancer and it gave <+1> stealth and a big light radius, screwing my spells.

Played on angband.live (nightly).
Sphara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2020, 10:50   #399
fph
Knight

fph is on a distinguished road
Unfortunately lanterns still emit light. Would it make sense to have a command to empty lanterns (the opposite of F)? As a necromancer, I can see myself using certain empty ego lanterns just for the resistances and/or stealth bonuses, but I'd have to rest to drain them out.

Last edited by fph; May 21, 2020 at 11:08.
fph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2020, 11:31   #400
Sphara
Swordsman

Sphara is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fph View Post
Unfortunately lanterns still emit light. Would it make sense to have a command to empty lanterns (the opposite of F)? As a necromancer, I can see myself using certain empty ego lanterns just for the resistances and/or stealth bonuses, but I'd have to rest to drain them out.
Thanks fph!
I completely forgot I needed to empty it. Too bad I committed a suicide on that character who found the Lantern
Sphara is offline   Reply With Quote