AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old March 16, 2011, 18:42   #141
retrobits
Scout

retrobits is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerDiver View Post
Are those on the border of your trap detection area? I think this counts as a bugfix, as previously when they were not green that meant the border was not fully displayed. It gets a little strange when a clear monster is on a greenlit border tile.
ah, you are correct. I was confused when seeing them scattered around after detect doors/stairs. Also I was confused since they are dark green rather than the typical light green of the detection border.
retrobits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2011, 01:22   #142
Napsterbater
Adept

Napsterbater is on a distinguished road
Playing current nightlies, can't save my keymaps, they don't get read in to the next game, like squelch settings. Also can't bind a key to rest until healed. All "R\r" does is bring up the rest prompt with "\r" Pressing backspace at shops puts "A" into the output instead of what it's supposed to do. Can't bind a keymap to save my keymaps and exit back to game. Otherwise liking the changes. The cave maps are really harrowing for diving characters. There's something subtly safe about being in a lighted room, cave maps totally kill that. I guess a lot of survival techniques rely on single-tile corridors. I end up running out of ?PD a lot more. The early game feels a lot more difficult.
Napsterbater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2011, 20:38   #143
Max Stats
Swordsman

Max Stats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napsterbater View Post
Playing current nightlies, can't save my keymaps, they don't get read in to the next game, like squelch settings. Also can't bind a key to rest until healed. All "R\r" does is bring up the rest prompt with "\r"
I brought this up in another thread. Currently, you can't do this directly in the keymap screen, but you can edit your pref file and insert the tag [Return] (including the brackets) into your keymap. Don't know if this is on the table to be fixed or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napsterbater View Post
The cave maps are really harrowing for diving characters. There's something subtly safe about being in a lighted room, cave maps totally kill that. I guess a lot of survival techniques rely on single-tile corridors. I end up running out of ?PD a lot more. The early game feels a lot more difficult.
Yes, I would like it if the cave maps were changed so they only appear lower in the dungeon. I don't know exactly what is fair... DL 20? 30?
Max Stats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2011, 03:28   #144
Napsterbater
Adept

Napsterbater is on a distinguished road
I'm not complaining about the cave maps, mind you. I like that the early game is more difficult, I used be on autopilot until around dlev 15 or so. Felt like a grind. I bought ?PD, but I never needed them. Going down actually feels dangerous now. Me likey! Thanks for the tip on the keymaps!
Napsterbater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2011, 08:30   #145
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Stats View Post
I brought this up in another thread. Currently, you can't do this directly in the keymap screen, but you can edit your pref file and insert the tag [Return] (including the brackets) into your keymap. Don't know if this is on the table to be fixed or not.
It is - takkaria has done a ton of work on input refactoring, and there's more to come.
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2011, 17:12   #146
fizzix
Prophet

fizzix is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Stats View Post

Yes, I would like it if the cave maps were changed so they only appear lower in the dungeon. I don't know exactly what is fair... DL 20? 30?
I actually would prefer the opposite, although a bit modified. I think the cavern maps should be the default for dungeon levels 1-20. Terrain management is a huge problem here, so I'd recommend dropping lots of rubble in them. Specifically in corridor-like that separate regions of the dungeon.

As you descend, you get to the rooms (standard) dungeon. Labyrinths come deep. I'd also get rid of the automatic permalighting/mappins on labyrinths altogether. These have high monster density but terrain is easy to manage.

Why? just because it feels right to have the caverns exist in the early game where you are fighting a lot of animals and cave dwelling monsters (orcs/trolls).
fizzix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2011, 12:34   #147
scud
Swordsman

scud is on a distinguished road
Discovering that time hounds are now disguised as clear hounds is a shock.
scud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2011, 13:27   #148
buzzkill
Prophet

Donated: $8
buzzkill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scud View Post
Discovering that time hounds are now disguised as clear hounds is a shock.
Tiles or ASCII?
Old March 26, 2011, 13:40   #149
scud
Swordsman

scud is on a distinguished road
ASCII, Mac nightly 15 March.

They were actually 'gravity grey'. But what is *very* strange is that my monster knowledge shows them as traditional 'blink dog blue'.

It wasn't an out-of-infravision time vortex, because I haven't met one yet.

Perhaps I was hallucinating (that's me, not my character). Best to ignore this 'report' until I meet more of them.
scud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2011, 14:44   #150
Timo Pietilš
Prophet

Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scud View Post
ASCII, Mac nightly 15 March.

They were actually 'gravity grey'. But what is *very* strange is that my monster knowledge shows them as traditional 'blink dog blue'.

It wasn't an out-of-infravision time vortex, because I haven't met one yet.

Perhaps I was hallucinating (that's me, not my character). Best to ignore this 'report' until I meet more of them.
If you didn't die and didn't see where that blast came you have no knowledge what caused that. It could have been time vortex.
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote