Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old July 3, 2016, 13:40   #41
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Ingwe Ingweron is on a distinguished road
Okay, I have begun to more methodically test the curses feature branch. The attached save file of Testo, a half-troll warrior, will demonstrate three bugs:

1. Targeting display bug. Simply target the pitiful looking beggar to the south and you will see the targeting display box on the lower left outside the walls of the town.

2. Curse not disclosed bug and 3. Staff not identifying. This bug has two components. (A) @ is wearing a fully identified =Dexterity (+4), so knows the runes associated therewith. @ is also carrying a =Dexterity (+2), this one with "??". Don the +2 Dex ring and "Oops! It feels deathly cold!". So it's cursed. BUT, examine the ring, no curse is disclosed. (B) Next, use the Cedar Staff @ is carrying (it happens to be Remove Curse, but isn't identified as such because every previous use revealed that @ had no curses to remove, but the staff didn't identify [a bug for the Rune-id branch, I suppose]) or in the alternative read the ?Remove Curse @ is carrying. "You have no curse to remove."

Savefile: Testo.zip
“We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
Ingwe Ingweron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3, 2016, 13:46   #42
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Thanks, I will look at this - but not for a while. Remind me if I haven't said anything in a week or two.
Old July 3, 2016, 17:54   #43
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Thanks, I will look at this - but not for a while. Remind me if I haven't said anything in a week or two.
Will do. Hopefully, by then I will also have nailed down savefiles for the other bugs.
“We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
Old July 3, 2016, 18:09   #44
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Here is the monster drops appearing inside walls bug. @ just killed a Death Drake. Observe the Rod of Curing inside the wall immediately to @'s right. On reload, I note that the wall appears solid, no longer showing the symbol for the dropped item. However, simply dig into the wall immediately to the right (should be easy now that @ has found Aule) and you will see the rod that was dropped inside the wall. How many other items have I been missing inside of walls?!

Savefile: Testo 2.zip

Last edited by Ingwe Ingweron; July 3, 2016 at 18:15.
Old July 3, 2016, 18:20   #45
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Bug: Items previously found and ignored being redisplayed as unknown objects after another treasure detection within their range. Note the two red asterisks to @'s left. These were previously ignored objects, but now show again after use of treasure detection. [Edit: Doesn't show on reload, so just zap the treasure detection rod again and you will see the unknown but previously ignored objects displayed.]

Savefile: Testo 3.zip
Old July 3, 2016, 19:17   #46
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Bug: Morgul weapons appearing in shops. (I forgot to do a savefile before recalling to the dungeon, but, if you look at the information screen for the weaponmaster's shop, you will see the morgul blade in the shop inventory.)

Savefile: Testo 4.zip
Old July 3, 2016, 20:09   #47
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

More of a complaint than a bug: ?Identify have been painfully rare. @ home and inventory are chock full of "??" items because of the lack of identify.

Savefile: Testo 5.zip

Edit: Just checked the object.txt file and discovered the "max" for ?Identify is 70. Given that @ has dived fast, identify has been hard to come by and once past DL 70, virtually none existent. I've modified the object.txt file to alleviate the problem for the remainder of this test run, but I would ask you to consider tweaking the ?Identify allocation.

Last edited by Ingwe Ingweron; July 3, 2016 at 20:25.
Old July 3, 2016, 21:56   #48
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Second example of a cursed item that says its not cursed and thus curse can't be removed. Check out the elvenkind body armor worn by @. Remove it, put it back on, get the "deathly cold" message for a cursed item, but examine and there's no curse and reading ?*Remove Curse* does nothing.

Savefile: Testo 6.zip

Edit: I think this might possibly be my own error. Wield an item and get the "deathly cold" message and so I know it's cursed. However, remove curse will not work unless I also first use a ?Identify to identify the curse. So, a two-step process is required for curse removal. Is that right?

Last edited by Ingwe Ingweron; July 4, 2016 at 01:11.
Old July 4, 2016, 01:08   #49
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

CRASH on walkover bug: @ has found The Plain Gold Ring!!! Wahoo!!! But, walkover My Precious and the game instantly crashes.

Savefile: Testo 7.zip

Edit: [Also note that the description of the Plain Gold Ring goes wonky on walkover.]

That's it for my bug testing until this bug is fixed.

Remaining known bugs to get a savefile for:

1. body armor showing to-hit and to-damage values
2. curses on artifacts that aren't normally cursed
3. display message errors on remove curse
4. crash on walkover of Morgoth's crown.

Last edited by Ingwe Ingweron; July 5, 2016 at 23:32.
Old July 6, 2016, 00:27   #50
jevansau
Adept

jevansau is on a distinguished road
I've just found the plain gold ring too (in a bubble vault at L89), and see the same crash on walkover .
Bit of a shame as it is the first time I've seen it for years.
savefile available if needed.

On experimentation, I found that removing the curse:sticky:100 line from the object file allowed me to pick it up without error and the description still says that it cannot be taken off.

Last edited by jevansau; July 7, 2016 at 22:18.
jevansau is offline   Reply With Quote