AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old November 2, 2020, 16:20   #131
Cuboideb
Adept

Cuboideb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Mack View Post
I have replaced the equipment list with the items list. I am wondering if there's a way to hide the list titles. Visible/invisible can be shown with a *, and in any case is useless for the item list.
Good idea. I'm also thinking about adding a couple of buttons (like the mouse icon) at the top to toggle running and keyboard/ribbon visibility. These actions are already handled but it will be nice to make them more visible.

In the weekend I will upload a new version.
Cuboideb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2, 2020, 17:55   #132
tg122
Apprentice

tg122 is on a distinguished road
Yeah I agree that this new update opens up a lot of possibilities in terms of portrait mode. A couple things that came to mind as I was trying it out...Is it possible to increase the font size of the messages? Also, would it be possible to have a 1.5x1.5 tile multiplier. I think this would be the ideal ASCI tile size in portrait mode. 1x1 is a bit too small for my eyes, and 2x2 works fine in portrait mode but is probably unnecessarily big. I think 1.5x1.5 would be the perfect balance between readability and view distance. Both of these things would just be nice to have, but not necessary. Thank you very much for continuing to work on this, and thanks to Nick and the team for being so flexible to implement the additional code to V.
tg122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2, 2020, 18:07   #133
Cuboideb
Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg122 View Post
Thanks to Nick and the team for being so flexible to implement the additional code to V.
My words exactly, the work of Nick and all the team is outstanding.

Edit: Let me think about 1.5 tiles. The core uses integer computations for tiles, but perhaps it can be simulated in the ui. I have to fix that bizarre behavior of panels when the canvas is bigger than the phone screen. I have that problem since day 0.

About messages, many screens in Vanilla and variants are wide (knowledge, options, messages, birth, character, etc.) This is the origin of the 80 character limitation in portrait. It's a tough one.

If I fix the problem with panel changes perhaps the player can deal with some amount of manual scrolling.

Last edited by Cuboideb; November 2, 2020 at 18:21.
Old November 2, 2020, 19:22   #134
Pete Mack
Prophet

Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
It's not 1.5x size so much as selecting font size instead of tile size. Font size 1x is hard to read, but font size 2xfives LOS less than 20, and makes targeting problematic.
Also: there are two unused keys on the keyboard. Could they be F1 a d F2 instead?
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2, 2020, 19:23   #135
tg122
Apprentice

tg122 is on a distinguished road
The message font size isn't a big deal. I actually tried to put the messages in a subwindow and increase the font size of the subwindow. The problem was I couldn't get the subwindow to display across the entire width of the screen instead of being next to the other subwindow I had open. Maybe if there is an easy way to put the messages in a subwindow and force the subwindow to occupy it's own set of rows. Otherwise, don't go crazy with it if it will take too much of your time.
tg122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2, 2020, 19:56   #136
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuboideb View Post
My words exactly, the work of Nick and all the team is outstanding.
Pulling in the odd update when other people are doing all the work is actually quite easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuboideb View Post
About messages, many screens in Vanilla and variants are wide (knowledge, options, messages, birth, character, etc.) This is the origin of the 80 character limitation in portrait. It's a tough one.
I remember running up against this in FAangband 1.1.6 and earlier, and I think I had some means to allow narrower terminals, but it may have been going back and rewriting a lot of the screens, so I don't know how helpful this is.
Old November 4, 2020, 15:06   #137
Pete Mack
Prophet

Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
Question:
How do I use the control keys with the current keyboard,
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4, 2020, 15:23   #138
Cuboideb
Adept

Tap the shift key again (it's a tri-state button). Another thing, if you long-press a key you can define keymaps that are shown with the "kmp" key.

Last edited by Cuboideb; November 4, 2020 at 15:33.
Old November 7, 2020, 16:14   #139
Cuboideb
Adept

Version 1.26.1 is up. It fixes that old bug that caused a bizarre screen centering when the canvas size was bigger than the screen.

So, now it's possible to simulate a 1.5 tile multiplier combining 1x1 and the + volume key. Some small amount of scrolling is needed at the edges of the screen.
Old November 14, 2020, 15:46   #140
joeljpa
Scout

joeljpa is on a distinguished road
Once again, good work. I'm taking a break from angband after numerous failed attempts at breaking my highscore of depth 73. I won't be online frequently here that much I've posted an issue on the github page instead. https://github.com/Cuboideb/angbandroid/issues/1
joeljpa is offline   Reply With Quote