AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old January 17, 2022, 13:12   #391
Sideways
Knight

Sideways is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariari View Post
I got the game to compile fine on Linux, however it seems if I try to press !, or { (inscribe then select any item) the game crashes with the message given in the below code snippet .

Note this happens both with the master branch on github and the 7.1 salmiak release. Does anyone know if there is some library mismatch or any way to solve or better report this issue?
Thanks for reporting; and thanks to Nick for taking a look. (The choice of buf[len] rather than buf[len-1] was originally deliberate, but most other parts of the code forgot about it, with two or three exceptions.)
Old January 17, 2022, 15:16   #392
HugoVirtuoso
Veteran

HugoVirtuoso is on a distinguished road
I noticed the Brass Lantern of Extra Light {Lu} doesn't have 0 light radius when it has 0 turns of light. Shouldn't it have 0 light radius when its fuel runs out...? I already knew {Lu} had permanent light. But, if the light runs out, it's out...or maybe it is still supposed to have light to because of "Permanent Light?" I'm trying to confirm how the Brass Lantern of Extra Light game mechanics are intended to work in FrogComposband.

In Sil-Q, they, as Brass Lanterns of Brightness, actually causes the light radius to be 0 at 0 turns of light.

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

As of February 18th, 2022, my YouTube username is MidgardVirtuoso

Last edited by HugoVirtuoso; January 17, 2022 at 18:25. Reason: Edited post multiple times for clarity.
HugoVirtuoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2022, 17:33   #393
LordL
Rookie

LordL is on a distinguished road
Is it normal that walking through forest tiles takes 60 energy with fleet of foot demigod talent?
LordL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2022, 10:58   #394
Sideways
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordL View Post
Is it normal that walking through forest tiles takes 60 energy with fleet of foot demigod talent?
Provided that it's a character who would otherwise take 100 energy in forest tiles (e.g. a Ranger, a Scout, someone with passwall or levitation, etc.), yes.
Old January 31, 2022, 11:45   #395
budswell
Adept

budswell is on a distinguished road
Just a thanks post.

Currently had a pet mystic for a couple of dungeons, and just started the chameleon cave. He summons "spiders" a LOT, but they're not spiders and things get pretty crazy pretty fast in the big open areas.

Most fun surprise I've had since I hit my first paranah trap (still my favourite *band moment ever).

Thanks again to all the maintainers for a great variant which can still surprise me after all these years.
budswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1, 2022, 01:08   #396
GrimaTheBold
Apprentice

GrimaTheBold is on a distinguished road
My CL34 Priest (Life/Sorcery) just found the 4th Life book (Blessings of the Grail) in Haunted House, which is level 45. How ridiculously OOD is that? By far the earliest I've found a usable 4th Spellbooks in this game.

From reading the code, it looks like that spot (opposite the Hand Druj) is supposed to be depth+10. I thought that wasn't possible due to minimum depths for 4th spellbooks? I see that item has normal depth of 80.

Edit: And Old Castle coughed up Aule, first time I've gotten the preferred artifact in that quest in ages! I'm sure a YASD is coming up quickly...

Last edited by GrimaTheBold; February 1, 2022 at 22:28.
GrimaTheBold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2022, 18:42   #397
HugoVirtuoso
Veteran

HugoVirtuoso is on a distinguished road
[13:40] HugoV4: Really sell an Amulet of the Magi (+4) {Sr(In} for 8950 gp? [y/n] => y. You sold an Amulet of the Magi (+4) {Sr(In} for 8950 gold.
[13:41] toeofwobbly: I spy hidden Dm or Es
[13:42] HugoV4: Oh
[13:42] HugoV4: So, that's why it sells so generously
[13:42] HugoV4: ?
[13:43] toeofwobbly: say so. Its not listed for classes that don't get access
[13:43] toeofwobbly: I mean +Sr is OP but its not worth that much $$$$
[13:43] MITZE: I wonder if a better way to handle that might be to just show it always, but do it in different colors depending on whether it's valid for your class

What MITZE said

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

As of February 18th, 2022, my YouTube username is MidgardVirtuoso

Last edited by HugoVirtuoso; February 13, 2022 at 18:48.
HugoVirtuoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24, 2022, 19:58   #398
animal_waves
Rookie

animal_waves is on a distinguished road
[oops, double posted]

Last edited by animal_waves; February 24, 2022 at 20:11.
animal_waves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24, 2022, 20:05   #399
animal_waves
Rookie

animal_waves is on a distinguished road
Hey Sideways, just a little post to thank you for this great variant, I'm having a blast since I discovered it!

I just lost a promising character (in beginner/coffee mode) to a deep gash: I tried to approach a great drake wyrm of balance (I think?) on DL40, I guess that was not my brightest idea, especially as I forgot to boost my stealth and speed with my spells beforehand...

I teleported away after the first breath but rested without paying attention to my status and then bled to death in a cold lonely corner of the dungeon. It was muscle memory, as I think Vanilla would interrupt the rest in case of wounds/poisonning, but I may be mistaken.

http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=24942

Last edited by animal_waves; February 24, 2022 at 20:20.
animal_waves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24, 2022, 21:19   #400
Sideways
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by animal_waves View Post
Hey Sideways, just a little post to thank you for this great variant, I'm having a blast since I discovered it!

I just lost a promising character (in beginner/coffee mode) to a deep gash: I tried to approach a great drake wyrm of balance (I think?) on DL40, I guess that was not my brightest idea, especially as I forgot to boost my stealth and speed with my spells beforehand...

I teleported away after the first breath but rested without paying attention to my status and then bled to death in a cold lonely corner of the dungeon. It was muscle memory, as I think Vanilla would interrupt the rest in case of wounds/poisonning, but I may be mistaken.

http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=24942
Frog also interrupts rest in case of wounds/poisoning, but you can die from them much more quickly; it's not like V, where you only lose a couple HP per turn. You probably bled out in 1 or 2 turns.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the game!

Tags
frogcomposband