Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old March 22, 2017, 18:19   #11
MITZE
Apprentice

MITZE is on a distinguished road
Question Creating/Editing Quests

Is there a way to force a quest reward to be {average}?

I took nearly two years to win with a single character in PosChengband.
MITZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2017, 18:23   #12
HugoTheGreat2011
Knight

HugoTheGreat2011 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MITZE View Post
Is there a way to force a quest reward to be {average}?
Why do you need quest rewards to be average, when they can be at least good?

My YouTube channel, where I'm known as YggdrasilTid (includes my PosChengband gameplay+music):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqG...vf4c0P8ipsIeQQ

My most recent good try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA
HugoTheGreat2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23, 2017, 02:18   #13
HugoTheGreat2011
Knight

Found numerous issues in 6.0.0:
1) You cannot sell any wielded equipment at the stores or drop any wielded ones at your home!
2) You can still escape from ambushes via '<' to the World Map if the nearby monster was 'sleeping' during that ambush -- yes, sleeping monsters can still show up during wilderness ambushes!!
3) The 'incorrect wilderness tile centering' bug persists in 6.0.0. I (Hugo) recently encountered this during one time I finished the Thieves quest and during an ambush too. I managed to get either of these during live recordings with OBS. These will be uploaded onto YouTube when I get the chance.
4) Wilderness bug: if you walk into an item while the screen scrolls simultaneously, message won't display what item is on the ground! -- DON'T KNOW if this happens in the dungeon too!! #4 *is* quite problematic
5) The home screen has a minor bug: Top right corner says 'H' and that's it. It should say, 'Home', right?
6) Auto-destroy tends to destroy average items way before clvl 35...don't know if this is the new default...or my auto-pickup prefs...or something got messed up
7) If you're buying items at stores, shouldn't the game say, you now have 'x' 'y'? e.g., You now have 10 Potions of Cure Critical Wounds. This is also a problem when picking up items from the ground too!!! -- I no longer see that anymore....It would be convenient if the game tells you that...otherwise, players will be forced to remember to use 'i' to check inventory
8) If you get 100% Martial Arts through the Skillmaster at clvl 1, the melee damage is pitifully low, barely around 10, compared to the 100% weapon skill counterparts at clvl 1!
9) I also find the 'g'et command to get all on the ground to be a bit problematic. Looks streamlined, yes. But, I much prefer to go one-by-one on my pickups -- nevermind, I realized that I should then just disable the autopick option to fit my playstyle (this should be OFF by default, in my opinion)
10) If you try to 'w'ield ammo while not having a quiver, you get a message saying, "Your quiver is full." --And again, message shows when quiver is not even wielded at all!!!
11) 'Friendly' monsters like Lion Heart, for example (i.e., not actual pets) act like pets - i.e., they follow you around ...this is new in 6.0.0....
12) Skilmasters with 100% in any of the melee categories still pseudo-ID equip items as only 'average' or 'enchanted'...whereas, they really should be able to pseudo-ID like Warriors...same applies to Warrior-Mages, I believe
13) Potions at the Alchemy and Temple are not always grouped together. e.g. The Alchemy's (store '5') has a Potion of Restore Strength not in the same group as the other Restore stat potions.

To see what I mean:
http://angband.oook.cz/screen-show.php?id=4231

14) Examination of items (via 'I' command) doesn't show inscriptions
15) Using 's'ell command (as alternative to 'd'rop) and 'p'urchase command (as alternative to 'g'et) do not work at Home
16) At GAME START for Weaponmasters, Message starts with 'You do not feel comfortable with your weapon.' before the starting weapon is auto-wielded

My YouTube channel, where I'm known as YggdrasilTid (includes my PosChengband gameplay+music):

Last edited by HugoTheGreat2011; March 24, 2017 at 09:25.
Old March 23, 2017, 17:37   #14
GenericPseudonym
Apprentice

GenericPseudonym is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 View Post
Found numerous issues in 6.0.0:
6) Auto-destroy tends to destroy average items way before clvl 35...don't know if this is the new default...or my auto-pickup prefs...or something got messed up
This is definitely just something in your autodestroyer settings. There's an option in some menu to see which rule matched the last item you destroyed, so you should be able to use that to see what's going on and which lines you need to change.
GenericPseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2017, 00:09   #15
HugoTheGreat2011
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenericPseudonym View Post
This is definitely just something in your autodestroyer settings. There's an option in some menu to see which rule matched the last item you destroyed, so you should be able to use that to see what's going on and which lines you need to change.
You're right about that. Apparently, I somehow forgot how to use the auto-destroyer properly. Thanks

FYI, PosChengband 6.0.0 has a game-breaking bug: re-loading 6.0.0 savefiles of characters (usually happens as soon as clvl 2!!!) completely freezes or causes eventual crash to desktop. In some cases, it crashes without an error message. I am using 64-bit Windows 10 Anniversary Edition.

I have attached some version 6.0.0 savefiles for everyone to test. I posted regarding this severe bug in its own individual thread so it gets noticed more easily

I did an on-screen recording of my thorough testing with the severe 6.0.0 bug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kewQffoVZM

Crashes were mostly consistent once the clvl reached 2+ in Wilderness mode. Crashes happen in Lite Town too (pattern happens if you use the Lite Town from the '=' option). Game doesn't freeze if you use the Beginner option - I need to test that.

Chris doesn't use his email anymore. How does one get ahold of him to FIX this horrible bug?

There you have it - 6.0.0 is good for one-try attempts and that's it...because you won't know for sure if you'll be able use that savefile again!!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip PosChengband6.zip (90.1 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by HugoTheGreat2011; March 24, 2017 at 08:47.
Old March 24, 2017, 18:12   #16
MITZE
Apprentice

Exclamation Shop Bug

Shops now will keep worthless items in their inventory if you sell such things to them.

Old March 24, 2017, 19:00   #17
MITZE
Apprentice

Exclamation Museum Bug

Items donated to the Museum are not automatically *identified*, nor are they *identified* upon e'x'amination.

Old March 25, 2017, 01:38   #18
HugoTheGreat2011
Knight

Bug in 5.0.5 (probably in 6.0.0 too):
When you enter dlvl 99 for the first time, there's no message to announce that the level is guarded by Oberon. The same bug when entering dlvl 100 for the first time - no message announcing you have to defeat The Serpent J.

Those are common knowledge, but for announcement purposes, the official reminders should be displayed. Having played intensely for hours, one could easily forget that there would be Oberon / Serpent on the level

--------------------------
Different question:
Does anyone know for sure if it is possible to attempt the Node quests in Zul while being a Skillmaster? Of course, there's one way to find out

Last edited by HugoTheGreat2011; March 26, 2017 at 00:41.
Old March 27, 2017, 12:29   #19
TheQuest
Apprentice

TheQuest is on a distinguished road
Chris, may I suggest some additions:
  • in pets menu rename "no breeding" to "pets do breeds?"
  • add "move to location" to pets menu so to command pets/summons to move to certain location to scout area, for example
TheQuest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28, 2017, 04:52   #20
HugoTheGreat2011
Knight

Bug:
Eric the Usurper and Old Man Willow can spawn outside of their respective town quests. If killed prior to their quests, they can still re-spawn in the quests as if nothing happened.