Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old April 8, 2017, 20:46   #71
HugoTheGreat2011
Knight

HugoTheGreat2011 is on a distinguished road
6.0.3 bug (can be severe):
Entering a wilderness Temple '4' crashes the game to desktop. i.e. "gruesome bug"

I have the savefile ready here if anyone wants to test.

I used HJSplit (http://www.hjsplit.org) to split the savefile (into 4 files, heh) to even meet oook.cz forum filesize limits. To open my savefile, here's what you need to do:

1) Download all 4 files (these are 4 parts to 1 file)
2) Rename files EXACTLY as follows --

Heritage 107a.zip => Heritage 107.001
Heritage 107b.zip => Heritage 107.002
Heritage 107c.zip => Heritage 107.003
Heritage 107d.zip => Heritage 107.004

**These are not actual zip files. I put a .zip file extension to allow these to upload onto the angband.oook.cz forum**

3) Download and extract HJSplit (http://www.hjsplit.org)

4) Run HJSplit, click on "Join", locate 'Heritage 107.001', and then the 4 parts (.001 - .004) will be combined into 'Heritage 107' which you can then load with PosChengband 6.0.3
Attached Files
File Type: zip Heritage 107a.zip (90.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: zip Heritage 107b.zip (90.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: zip Heritage 107c.zip (90.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: zip Heritage 107d.zip (38.0 KB, 4 views)

My YouTube channel, where I'm known as YggdrasilTid (formerly MjolnirExcalibur) (includes my PosChengband gameplay+music):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqG...vf4c0P8ipsIeQQ

Last edited by HugoTheGreat2011; April 8, 2017 at 21:49.
HugoTheGreat2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8, 2017, 21:46   #72
HugoTheGreat2011
Knight

More 6.0.3 bugs:
1) Saw this one on wobbly$oul001's chardump comments (http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=20511):

"On 7.4.2017 21:49 wobbly wrote:
Locations for quests in possession history are listed wrongly"

2) Apparently, there's some kind of bug with un-IDed ammo:

Check this out:
http://angband.oook.cz/screen-show.php?id=4268

You see 23 Bolts (3d5).
You get 23 Bolts (3d5).
Quantity (1 to 23): 23
Really sell 23 Bolts (3d5) for 2254 gp? [y/n] => y. You sold 23 Bolts
of Endurance (3d5) (+5,+2) for 2254 gold.
You have nothing to sell. (x2)

Again...I didn't even ID those Bolts prior to selling!!

My YouTube channel, where I'm known as YggdrasilTid (formerly MjolnirExcalibur) (includes my PosChengband gameplay+music):

Last edited by HugoTheGreat2011; April 8, 2017 at 22:13.
Old April 9, 2017, 00:35   #73
Pete Mack
Prophet

Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
@Hugo--
you'd do better to just zip the original file. Compressed save files fit on the forum just fine.
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9, 2017, 02:18   #74
HugoTheGreat2011
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Mack View Post
@Hugo--
you'd do better to just zip the original file. Compressed save files fit on the forum just fine.
Apparently, it didn't fit...because the actual zipfile of that Heritage 107 save was ~105 KB, which exceed the limit of 97.5KB. I'm using WinRAR btw. If there is a better substitute let me know.

Old April 9, 2017, 02:57   #75
Pete Mack
Prophet

Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
What a pain! less than 10% too big.

Try 7zip. It has a notably better compression ratio than zip, and it's a more standard program than winRAR. zip -9 does do somewhat better than the default.
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9, 2017, 03:44   #76
ianstonegray
Rookie

ianstonegray is on a distinguished road
I noticed a lagging problem on the world map in 6.0.0. Then in 6.0.3 it seemed to clear up but recently it came back. Is anyone else having a very laggy world map?
ianstonegray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9, 2017, 04:51   #77
HugoTheGreat2011
Knight

No World Map lag whatsoever in my case

@Pete Mack:
I'll give 7zip a try and if successful, I'll post

Question about Skillmasters:
Should Skillmasters be able to learn skill ability/skill (via 'G') WHILE confused? Bumping into a Greater titan and thus getting confused didn't stop me from putting points onto the Speed Skill and thus giving me more time to use !CCW and quickly escape with Scrolls of Teleportation!

Last edited by HugoTheGreat2011; April 9, 2017 at 08:32.
Old April 9, 2017, 12:09   #78
clouded
Adept

clouded is on a distinguished road
Artefact ammo doesn't work very well with the quiver, it always gets put in the 'a' slot (because it's a low base type) and there's no way to actually keep it out of the quiver because it gets put there every time you pick it up.

Honestly using the quiver and having 5 different stacks of ego ammo is more fiddly than just having two stacks of plain 99 ammo in your inventory, and that this came with a damage nerf for ranged puts a sour taste in the mouth. Not to mention the other interface losses for all the characters who don't even use ranged caused by the rewrites. Sorry to be so harsh but playing a sniper puts me in a bad mood.

To say it again: the solution I think is best is to make ammo infinite. That fixes all three points in the first posts in one simple change. I have experience with this from TomeNET, where archers are one of the most popular classes.

Last edited by clouded; April 9, 2017 at 15:05.
clouded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9, 2017, 16:15   #79
wobbly
Veteran

wobbly is on a distinguished road
There's a quiver bug with possessors. At some stage I lost my quiver but I still have the contents of said quiver.
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9, 2017, 18:17   #80
GenericPseudonym
Apprentice

GenericPseudonym is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianstonegray View Post
I noticed a lagging problem on the world map in 6.0.0. Then in 6.0.3 it seemed to clear up but recently it came back. Is anyone else having a very laggy world map?
It seems to happen when the player has some source of auto-identify. The game tries to ID everything in the player's pack each turn, which happens hundreds of times per world map step.
Something changed in 6.0.0 to make this happen, because it didn't before even in pseudoelliposchengband where auto-id has identified the player's pack for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clouded View Post
Artefact ammo doesn't work very well with the quiver, it always gets put in the 'a' slot (because it's a low base type) and there's no way to actually keep it out of the quiver because it gets put there every time you pick it up.

Honestly using the quiver and having 5 different stacks of ego ammo is more fiddly than just having two stacks of plain 99 ammo in your inventory, and that this came with a damage nerf for ranged puts a sour taste in the mouth. Not to mention the other interface losses for all the characters who don't even use ranged caused by the rewrites. Sorry to be so harsh but playing a sniper puts me in a bad mood.

To say it again: the solution I think is best is to make ammo infinite. That fixes all three points in the first posts in one simple change. I have experience with this from TomeNET, where archers are one of the most popular classes.
Wait, why WOULDN'T you want your artifact ammo to go into the quiver? If I'm carrying around the Black Arrow of Bard I'd much rather it take up 1/120th of an inventory slot in my quiver than 1 entire slot in my main inventory.
Although I could see the constantly changing letter labels becoming a pain if you were trying to use those to select ammo instead of inscriptions. Even before 6.0.0 I always just inscribed @f0, @f1, @f2, etc on the various kinds of ammo so I could ignore their changing inventory positions and changing letter keys. Makes it much easier to use macros for shooting, too.
GenericPseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote