Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old January 6, 2014, 21:32   #41
OOD Town drunk
Adept

OOD Town drunk is on a distinguished road
Perhaps squelched items shouldn't show up in the stores? Or maybe they could be that near black shade of ascii gray.
OOD Town drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2014, 21:44   #42
Malak Darkhunter
Knight

Malak Darkhunter is on a distinguished road
I'm still getting a garbled mess when trying to change font sizes from the start up of the game, the defaut is something like 8x8 i think for term 0, unless you change it to something small like 5x8 it becomes unreadable, I like to play with at least 12x24 or higher, sometimes 16x16, or 16x24. This has been happening since 3.4.0, not sure why, but it's pretty aggravating, I want to play 3.5.0, but it seems to take a lot of toying around with the fonts to get them configured right. Would really wish for a true full screen version of the game without all these fonts, thanks.
Old January 8, 2014, 00:17   #43
takkaria
Veteran

Donated: $40
takkaria is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malak Darkhunter View Post
I'm still getting a garbled mess when trying to change font sizes from the start up of the game, the defaut is something like 8x8 i think for term 0, unless you change it to something small like 5x8 it becomes unreadable, I like to play with at least 12x24 or higher, sometimes 16x16, or 16x24. This has been happening since 3.4.0, not sure why, but it's pretty aggravating, I want to play 3.5.0, but it seems to take a lot of toying around with the fonts to get them configured right. Would really wish for a true full screen version of the game without all these fonts, thanks.
Which platform/port are you using?
Old January 8, 2014, 00:40   #44
Zikke
Veteran

Zikke is on a distinguished road
Thanks so much for all the work on the update! I've been waiting a long time for a new version to spice things up a bit.
Zikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8, 2014, 00:55   #45
Malak Darkhunter
Knight

Malak Darkhunter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by takkaria View Post
Which platform/port are you using?
I'm using Ubuntu Linux 13.04, using wine for the windows version, by defaut it displays fine although small, once I try to change the font to a bigger font for term zero the display gets jumbled up. To get it work I had to select a 10x20 term zero font, roll up a character start game. From that point I turn off graphics and go pure acii, switched term o font size to 16x32 and then changed term zero window to 16x24, it displayed correctly at that point although a tad to big as everything is a little stretched. I can get things to display correctly eventually, I am just wondering why the fonts are getting jumbled up, I am wondering if termo O font and term O window have to kind of be the same to display properly...you can't adjust term 0 font until you start the game however, kind of forcing you to go through the initial start with a small font size in which i think is hard to read.

also when you click on (file) and the (new) for the new the game the selection of character gender (male,female,neuter) is invisible with only the block cursor there, once you select the gender however it clears back up again and you can read the words again,
Old January 8, 2014, 09:52   #46
takkaria
Veteran

Donated: $40
takkaria is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malak Darkhunter View Post
I'm using Ubuntu Linux 13.04, using wine for the windows version, by defaut it displays fine although small, once I try to change the font to a bigger font for term zero the display gets jumbled up. To get it work I had to select a 10x20 term zero font, roll up a character start game. From that point I turn off graphics and go pure acii, switched term o font size to 16x32 and then changed term zero window to 16x24, it displayed correctly at that point although a tad to big as everything is a little stretched. I can get things to display correctly eventually, I am just wondering why the fonts are getting jumbled up, I am wondering if termo O font and term O window have to kind of be the same to display properly...you can't adjust term 0 font until you start the game however, kind of forcing you to go through the initial start with a small font size in which i think is hard to read.

also when you click on (file) and the (new) for the new the game the selection of character gender (male,female,neuter) is invisible with only the block cursor there, once you select the gender however it clears back up again and you can read the words again,
Ah right, I remember you reporting this last time around. I'm sorry but I don't have the time or expertise to try and track down bugs in a wine-run version.
Old January 8, 2014, 15:08   #47
gglibertine
Adept

gglibertine is on a distinguished road
I had the font/tile size issue two days ago with a freshly downloaded copy - when I set Term-0 to 12x24 the tiles were much too wide, and with the other windows set to 10x20 they were way too short. (Yes, I'm practically blind, why do you ask?) Nothing I did helped except manually tweaking the tile size. I'm on 64-bit Win7.

Once I got it set up properly the first time it did remember my settings, so not such a big deal, but I figured I'd mention it.

I'm really liking the new version! I'm finding good items earlier on, and I especially love stats auto-restoring when I level up and always being able to get replacement spellbooks in town. And since I play half-orcs primarliy, I'm thrilled to see charisma go away
gglibertine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10, 2014, 09:53   #48
Zikke
Veteran

Zikke is on a distinguished road
Is there any way to get the solid walls back?
Zikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10, 2014, 10:20   #49
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zikke View Post
Is there any way to get the solid walls back?
It's an option now
Old January 10, 2014, 11:29   #50
Timo Pietilš
Prophet

Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
It's an option now
There is also (potentially) quite nice tile editor in the game, unfortunately UI for using it is still WIP -state. I usually end up using that and then edit results directly in pref-files.
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote