Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 18, 2009, 17:28   #1
PowerDiver
Prophet
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,712
PowerDiver is on a distinguished road
bug with blows descr

I've noticed something wrong with the description of stat increases needed for additional blows. I think it only relates to weapons with extra attacks, though I am not sure. To start, in the store it said with +0 str and +0 dex you get some number of blows. I inspected a wielded rapier+2att [not in a store] and got the same descr before and after I tried on dwarven armor, which should have changed the str requirements.

I'll try to track it down and post a patch, but access to my dev machine will be random for the next day or two.
PowerDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19, 2009, 09:26   #2
Magnate
Angband Devteam member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 5,057
Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerDiver View Post
I've noticed something wrong with the description of stat increases needed for additional blows. I think it only relates to weapons with extra attacks, though I am not sure. To start, in the store it said with +0 str and +0 dex you get some number of blows. I inspected a wielded rapier+2att [not in a store] and got the same descr before and after I tried on dwarven armor, which should have changed the str requirements.

I'll try to track it down and post a patch, but access to my dev machine will be random for the next day or two.
Hmmm. Are you playing the latest version? It now definitely takes into account extra attacks on the weapon being examined, as well as all modifiers on worn equipment.

There could well be a bug if your wielded weapon gives STR or DEX bonuses, and you inspect a weapon without them. But is that what you meant?
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19, 2009, 17:58   #3
PowerDiver
Prophet
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,712
PowerDiver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
Hmmm. Are you playing the latest version? It now definitely takes into account extra attacks on the weapon being examined, as well as all modifiers on worn equipment.

There could well be a bug if your wielded weapon gives STR or DEX bonuses, and you inspect a weapon without them. But is that what you meant?
I've been updating, but these were in the 1850 +/- 10 range I believe.

It was a rapier of +2 attacks and I was wielding it, definitely, and the "you need 3 str" did not change when I unwielded my dwarven armor +2, and I was not in a store at the time.

I knew something was wrong much earlier. I bought the thing at the market, and inspecting before I bought it said "with +0 str and +0 dex you would get 4 blows". Correct info, but sure looked buggy. I suppose it is possible I was wielding a str bonus weapon at that time.

I'm wonder if the +blows gets included on only one side of the equation when comparing how many blows you get with different str/dex combos. In my case the +2 attacks means that for looking at the difference between 3 and 4 blows you need to inspect the tables to see the diff between 1 and 2 blows rather than 3 vs 4 blows. If that's not the problem, I don't have a guess what is.

I'm such a dolt I played some more and didn't copy the savefile.
PowerDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19, 2009, 18:15   #4
PowerDiver
Prophet
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,712
PowerDiver is on a distinguished road
Thanks to multiple upgrades using no-install, I found a savefile of some slight use.

The rapier in the store says

1 blow/round
With an additional 0 strength and 0 dex you would get 3 blows

I bet if you figure out how to fix that the rest will come out.

I bought the thing and tried various combinations, but could not reproduce the bug. I think it came later after finding and using Thingol.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1000.Eddie.zip (17.7 KB, 109 views)
PowerDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19, 2009, 20:09   #5
Magnate
Angband Devteam member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 5,057
Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerDiver View Post
Thanks to multiple upgrades using no-install, I found a savefile of some slight use.

The rapier in the store says

1 blow/round
With an additional 0 strength and 0 dex you would get 3 blows

I bet if you figure out how to fix that the rest will come out.

I bought the thing and tried various combinations, but could not reproduce the bug. I think it came later after finding and using Thingol.
Thank you - working on it. I just moved house (yesterday), so it might be a few days.
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
multiple barehand blows? PowerDiver Vanilla 18 January 5, 2010 17:31
blows per turn fizzix Vanilla 26 October 30, 2009 18:41
stochastic energy and fractional blows tigen Vanilla 22 September 13, 2009 21:47
Feature request: display char creation blows as if wielding whip Donald Jonker Vanilla 14 March 3, 2009 22:47
Max Blows Conker AAR 2 November 9, 2007 04:40


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.