Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > AAR

Old March 27, 2015, 20:50   #1
Orrus
Rookie

Orrus is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Great saves

Imagine I'm a clevel 22 Death Paladin in dlvl 19 and I discover a lesser castle vault. I explore all around it, detect traps, and start clearing. I hack in and clear about half of it. Then a door bursts open and a Colossus turns a corner right in front of me. I back up a bit into a corridor to take him 1v1, but I know my chances are slim. As I pull him away a few mindcrafters and trolls file in behind him. I take a few swings at him and barely even scratch him, meanwhile he's quintuple hitting me and quickly blasts me down to 53 health.

That's it I think, I know I'm dead. It's over. Time for an emergency evaluation. I look through my inventory, and don't really have any solid options. Until... I see one lone unidentified wand. Sure why not.

I aim the wand right at the Colossus, lined up with the corridor and let her rip. Bzzzt! A beam of *'s blasts down the hall and... ALL the mobs poof out of existence... gone! It was a Wand of Teleport Other. Amazing. One more round against the Colossus's fists and I would have been a ~

Gotta love this game. After 17 or so years of playing it still never ceases to surprise.
Orrus is offline   Reply With Quote