Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old January 1, 2018, 07:04   #81
DGoldDragon28
Rookie

DGoldDragon28 is on a distinguished road
Ah, that. I should probably give more detailed instructions. The binary has to be moved to the root of the project (it looks for lib/ in the same directory), rather than in src/. Try the following:
Code:
make -f Makefile.cyg all
That should fix the problem, or you can move the exe yourself.
Old January 1, 2018, 11:10   #82
AppleBrandy
Rookie

AppleBrandy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGoldDragon28 View Post
Ah, that. I should probably give more detailed instructions. The binary has to be moved to the root of the project (it looks for lib/ in the same directory), rather than in src/. Try the following:
Code:
make -f Makefile.cyg all
That should fix the problem, or you can move the exe yourself.
the make command you give in compile.txt already puts the exe in the root directory (I actually tried moving it to /src to see what would happen, and got the error message that it couldn't find /lib). This new instruction appears to give the same results as the original - compiles with a bunch of warnings, then insta-closes when you try to run it.

The one thing that seems off is this warning at the end:

Code:
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/6.4.0/../../../../x86_64-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol _mainCRTStartup; defaulting to 0000000100401000
Do you normally get that?
AppleBrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2, 2018, 21:44   #83
DGoldDragon28
Rookie

DGoldDragon28 is on a distinguished road
I have never gotten that message. That looks like something in your environment configuration.
Old January 24, 2018, 22:54   #84
Nori
Rookie

Nori is on a distinguished road
Played unangband ages ago and decided to try it again. Running into some questions though.
Playing as a mage and I'm finding myself always out of inventory space. 4 spell books (soon to be more when I can find high wizardy) means I'm out 4 spots, plus I need food, a couple scrolls a potion or two, a rod or two...

I know of the magic bags, but they are a bit confusing, I have a helpful mushroom one, but it doesn't fit mushrooms of haste for instance. I had a Black Magic one, but I couldn't figure out what it was good for. Mixed Mushrooms seemed the worst as it would only take a random mix...

Can I create my own spellbook with only the spells I need/use, or is there perhaps a spell bag out there?

Nextly, I'm having frequent crashes in Edoras. I'm working on the tower and whenever I go back to town, if I engage the baddies in town, it'll almost always crash after a dozen turns. It seems like if I first leave the town and travel to another location and then come back, it doesn't crash.

Anyway, loving the game so far. If I have a nitpick, it'd be that inventory slots are too limited. With all the cool extra potions, scrolls, wands, rods etc, I'd love to use them, but am way to space limited.

Edit: Also, what are the sustain stats for? I figured they would stop a stat from decreasing, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I have a artifact that sustains int, con and chr but all three have been reduced and if it was a disease that caused it, removing it doesn't give the stats back.

Last edited by Nori; January 25, 2018 at 23:36.
Nori is offline   Reply With Quote