AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old September 10, 2021, 08:13   #71
tangar
Knight

tangar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwardsEric View Post
That, I believe, has also been implemented in the post 4.2.3 builds, thanks to MarbleDice. The change is here, https://github.com/angband/angband/pull/4991 .
Cool, thanks it's funny that this idea was implemented just recently.. so the same idea came to different heads at the same moment (often situation in real life)
youtube.com/GameGlaz — streams in English ⍽ youtube.com/StreamGuild — streams in Russian
tangar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 10, 2021, 09:41   #72
PowerWyrm
Prophet

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangar View Post
there is a suggestion from Tangaria player Linker to auto show spells descriptions at 'b'rowse screen so you won't need to push '?'
This was the case before and was changed around v3-v4 for a reason that eludes me...
Old September 10, 2021, 20:56   #73
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Ingwe Ingweron is on a distinguished road
Just for flavor, I'd love to see some of the dialogue from FAAngband incorporated into Vanilla. Just finished knocking off Morgoth there, and it was a real pleasure to read all the diatribes he was spouting, him along with many of the other uniques.
“We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
Ingwe Ingweron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11, 2021, 20:16   #74
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Is it just me, or is "Notify recharge" not working?

EDIT: Ok, it is working, but no audible sound is played on the notification. Shouldn't there be?
“We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”

Last edited by Ingwe Ingweron; September 11, 2021 at 20:36.
Old September 13, 2021, 16:07   #75
Selkie
Swordsman

Selkie is on a distinguished road
Every time I leave a level I can see a purple unique flash up very briefly in the monster display window. Is this a thing?
Selkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13, 2021, 20:10   #76
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selkie View Post
Every time I leave a level I can see a purple unique flash up very briefly in the monster display window. Is this a thing?
That effect has been there a very long time. I've never bothered to report it as a bug, since (i) I don't know that it actually contains any leaked information, and (ii) I've never bothered to record it and go back frame-by-frame to find out.
Old September 13, 2021, 20:41   #77
backwardsEric
Adept

backwardsEric is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Selkie and Ingwe, what front-end are you using when you see this? It's not clear that it matters, but it might help trying to diagnose the problem. Also, is it something you always see or does it only happen if the character has a source of ESP?
backwardsEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13, 2021, 22:41   #78
Sideways
Knight

Sideways is on a distinguished road
There was (is?) an issue in FA2 with real but non-visible monsters on the level being entered being very briefly listed in the monster subwindow. I don't know if it was related to this in any way, though. (It didn't necessarily involve uniques; in fact, it most frequently triggered in the town with village idiots, filthy street urchins and the like, and my conclusion was that it involved monsters who would have been visible were the town fully lit.)
Old September 15, 2021, 10:17   #79
Selkie
Swordsman

Selkie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron View Post
That effect has been there a very long time. I've never bothered to report it as a bug, since (i) I don't know that it actually contains any leaked information, and (ii) I've never bothered to record it and go back frame-by-frame to find out.
I've only noticed it since 4.2.3. I don't think it causes any harm, it's more a curiosity.

@backwardsEric it happens every time I leave a level and not only when I have ESP.
Selkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15, 2021, 17:52   #80
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Quote:
I've only noticed it since 4.2.3. I don't think it causes any harm, it's more a curiosity.
I've been aware of that flash effect all the way back to the 3.2.x days.