Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 21, 2020, 21:01   #1
it_master
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 2
it_master is on a distinguished road
Question (Portralis)I can't advance after level 2

So, I got myself interested into Portralis due to the deep class fusing system, as well as the RPG elements that came with it.

I created a character, which I plan to go for a shadowmancer assassin with time travelling powers (because why not), and I stepped into the world. Everything went smoothly up until I got to the point when I got into level 2, that's when things just got stuck.

I can't gain any more experience, and thus I can't literally fight with virtually anyone except rats of all things. Even after how many rats I kill, I can't gain any more experience.

I have already placed in the levels in both the base stats as well as the skills, and I have learned all the new abilities. I am completely at a loss as to what went wrong here.

Does anybody got an idea as to a way to fix this? Seriously, I like this game, but that bug just bugged me off. (Pardon the pun)
it_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25, 2020, 14:01   #2
it_master
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 2
it_master is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by it_master View Post
So, I got myself interested into Portralis due to the deep class fusing system, as well as the RPG elements that came with it.

I created a character, which I plan to go for a shadowmancer assassin with time travelling powers (because why not), and I stepped into the world. Everything went smoothly up until I got to the point when I got into level 2, that's when things just got stuck.

I can't gain any more experience, and thus I can't literally fight with virtually anyone except rats of all things. Even after how many rats I kill, I can't gain any more experience.

I have already placed in the levels in both the base stats as well as the skills, and I have learned all the new abilities. I am completely at a loss as to what went wrong here.

Does anybody got an idea as to a way to fix this? Seriously, I like this game, but that bug just bugged me off. (Pardon the pun)
Well, I think I found a fix for it, it's apparently a compatibility issue. A simple switch to compatibility mode to windows 7 will do.
it_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13, 2020, 23:44   #3
Avenger
Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Wisconsin U.S.
Age: 33
Posts: 95
Avenger is on a distinguished road
Woah.

Is Portralis still a thing, or are you just now discovering it?

I remember playing it years ago, and it was indeed in interesting and unique variant, but I thought the developer had abandoned it long ago.

I'm glad you solved the issue you were experiencing - and now I'm off to check out the Portralis forums and see if it's back.
__________________
C(6.3) C Erirbag [Half-Ogre Cultist] L:39 DL:Collector's Cave 2 A+ R+ Sp w:The Long Sword of Karakal (2d5) (+9, +12) (+2)
C(TN/Do) W H- D-- c-- f PV s- d+ P++ M?
C S++ I+ So B- ac- GHB- SQ RQ V+ F:TomeNET Game Progression
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23, 2020, 21:45   #4
invisibletroll
Scout
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 25
invisibletroll is on a distinguished road
I might have played Portralis about 200 years ago. Provide me a link.
invisibletroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23, 2020, 22:07   #5
CyclopsSlayer
Swordsman
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 365
CyclopsSlayer is on a distinguished road
As I recall, it was easy to get a massive damage output, and also easy to find foes with damage reflection in Portalis.
CyclopsSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24, 2020, 03:23   #6
EpicMan
Swordsman
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Dallas, Texas, USA
Posts: 428
EpicMan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by invisibletroll View Post
I might have played Portralis about 200 years ago. Provide me a link.
Source code is here: http://www.zaimoni.com/zaiband/Angband.ref/Portralis/

Offical (but dead) forums are here: https://variaz.proboards.com/ but the download links are broken. You might be able to find working versions on internet archive.
EpicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24, 2020, 19:47   #7
invisibletroll
Scout
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 25
invisibletroll is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicMan View Post
Source code is here: http://www.zaimoni.com/zaiband/Angband.ref/Portralis/

Offical (but dead) forums are here: https://variaz.proboards.com/ but the download links are broken. You might be able to find working versions on internet archive.
It compiles and creates 8 terminal screens. I can't exit the introduction screen with Esc.
invisibletroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25, 2020, 15:07   #8
invisibletroll
Scout
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 25
invisibletroll is on a distinguished road
Portralis doesn't look familiar to me.
invisibletroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
angband, newangband, portralis, variant


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FAAngband - selection mode key to advance is left-arrow? hernaldog Variants 0 July 19, 2019 04:49
Z+Angband vs Portralis PaulBlay Variants 8 January 6, 2011 23:31
Survey: Portralis. Variaz Variants 11 March 31, 2008 16:12
PORTRALIS Review Lipa Variants 19 August 26, 2007 16:41
Review: Portralis TJA Variants 7 August 25, 2007 16:47


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.