Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old May 8, 2021, 14:29   #31
Pete Mack
Prophet

Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
right. But I meant something different. In this case, the Balrog can't blow up the staff. Of course there are plenty of other ways to drop the staff out of range.
Code:
##.#
#U##
##@#
#.##
##_#
####
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2021, 18:40   #32
Nicodimas
Rookie

Nicodimas is on a distinguished road
Yeah I defeated the Balrog of moria and he dropped boots of speed. The game is now dropping boots of speed like crazy so wonder if items are generated until certain unique are killed ...

+8 total game changer
Nicodimas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2021, 18:45   #33
Nicodimas
Rookie

I'm going after sarauman he shows up all the time and keeps summoning a bunch of junk..making me flee
Old May 8, 2021, 20:54   #34
Selkie
Swordsman

Selkie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodimas View Post
I'm going after sarauman he shows up all the time and keeps summoning a bunch of junk..making me flee
I've never struggled too much with Saruman. He doesn't do any scary breath damage and he's not a spam summoner. He teleports away which is annoying, but you can always hunt old Sharkey down
Selkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2021, 01:14   #35
Pete Mack
Prophet

pretty much, assuming you have rDis, and you've dug an ASC. And your devices are cached. He's more problematic out in the open. But like any other tough unique, it's a mug's game to fight him at level, unless your character is crazy strong.
Old May 9, 2021, 01:46   #36
Nicodimas
Rookie

Saruman was way easy..I did encounter him on a level with something of chaos it hit me and I think something breathed and killed it. So was hallucinating the whole fight..which wasn't very fun. Found him in a ..or around a lesser vault the fight got a bit weird as I ran around it due a few time hounds ..again. I have 11 T/O rods at this stage. I have made my peace and just T/O stuff all the time now. No point in picking a fight with some of these mobs.

...ok time to venture DEEP and see how I do. Found the small shield of thornin in that lesser vault which I think is really good.

I have double immunity Acid and Lightning. 240AC.. I think Shards is my big gap on weakness and only one resist to nether...Can't really fix those unless I find something.

So see how low I can go!!
Old May 9, 2021, 02:00   #37
Pete Mack
Prophet

Woah. I don't think I've ever scored more than 8 rods of TO. Certainly never 11. You are probably nearly ready for the endgame:
500+ damage/turn
Plenty of !heal, !*heal*
20+ speed
A handful each of *Destruction * and Mass Banishment
800+HP. (The more the better, of course.)
Old May 9, 2021, 03:30   #38
Julian
Adept

Julian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodimas View Post
Saruman was way easy..I did encounter him on a level with something of chaos it hit me and I think something breathed and killed it. So was hallucinating the whole fight..which wasn't very fun. Found him in a ..or around a lesser vault the fight got a bit weird as I ran around it due a few time hounds ..again. I have 11 T/O rods at this stage. I have made my peace and just T/O stuff all the time now. No point in picking a fight with some of these mobs.

...ok time to venture DEEP and see how I do. Found the small shield of thornin in that lesser vault which I think is really good.

I have double immunity Acid and Lightning. 240AC.. I think Shards is my big gap on weakness and only one resist to nether...Can't really fix those unless I find something.

So see how low I can go!!
The only resists that stack are temporary elemental and permanent elemental. Redundancy just makes swapping stuff around easier.
Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2021, 04:55   #39
Nicodimas
Rookie

I dived ! And died. Kinda a inglorious death too /bummed

Sadly when I swapping gear I swapped off all my poison resist. I didn’t note it. I thought I had one of it . I remember always write down what your missing. This was totally a experience thing too of remembering what each mobs ace attack does. I had quite a bit of poison resist earlier and fought certain mobs and thought not too bad. Well if you have no resist..

When I dumped my character I had that head slap moment when I saw nothing on poison and my gear at home too.

A *bile demon* got me and a bit suprising the damage it hit me with that quick. I kinda thought he was a *trash mob* at that point as I thought no problem I got this guy. /confidence.. Ouch. Must have been a offscreen one too 1k to 300 health and the one in front of me breathed poison again...

(Make sure you track your weaknesses)
Old May 9, 2021, 08:37   #40
Selkie
Swordsman

Selkie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
The only resists that stack are temporary elemental and permanent elemental. Redundancy just makes swapping stuff around easier.
Poison also stacks, right?
Selkie is offline   Reply With Quote