Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old March 22, 2015, 13:50   #101
MattB
Veteran

MattB is on a distinguished road
I have Heroism autoinscribed as @q4 and Rods of Light as @z4.
Hitting 'q4' gives me the drop command. Hitting z4, bizarrely, gives me the (lowercase) look command!?
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2015, 14:09   #102
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Update ff17bf8 fixes the robes ignore and 'x' keymap bugs, and has also included all the changes between 3.5.0 and 3.5.1 (including the return of the level feeling indicator).

It is possible that the store entry and exit fix has fixed the intermittent light bug. I have been unable to reproduce it recently, although I had seen it before, sp pleae let me know if it's been seen since 7497c1a.

I have also been unable to reproduce the auto-ignore bug, but that can't possibly be fixed - more info or even a savefile would be useful.

While talking about ignoring - with ignore by ego item type, is there any need for "excellent with no high resists" and "excellent but not splendid"?
Old March 22, 2015, 14:54   #103
Tibarius
Swordsman

Tibarius is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks

Thank you Nick, MattB, Mrrstark and debo for your explanations.

I think i can better understand you now!

Gee, i have to Speed up with my 3.5.1 Player's Guide ... else 4.0 is realeased before my guide is finished.
Tibarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2015, 15:03   #104
Thraalbee
Knight

Thraalbee is on a distinguished road
More observations of v4b17-gf6f24a3
* Dropping items and picking up returns "{special}" etc inscriptions until id'd.
* shooting bolts that hit the enemy continue their path and land in same place as bolts missing the target
* blindness bug. fighting against Ogre shaman et al I get "You cannot see!" messages and am in effect blind but without the status message of being blind. As Dwarf with 2x items with rBlind this should not happen. Quaffing !ccw cures the ailment (but no message informs me of that) and I can use spells again. This could be the flickering of light problem but I feel it is not
* quaffing unidentified *healing* at full hp - nothing happens but message says "You have no more potions of *healing*
* crash on recall from town is quite frequent from plvl 32, dlvl 38. restarting after crash and recall works
* glyph of warding (from priest spell) is invisible but on "x" it says you are on a glyph of warding
Thraalbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2015, 15:30   #105
Nomad
Knight

Nomad is on a distinguished road
* I zapped a rod at a wall and got a fireball, but it didn't ID; I had to zap a monster with it before it was recognised as a Rod of Fireballs.

* There's no message when you read a Scroll of Teleportation, nor when an Amulet of Teleportation activates, so you just silently appear elsewhere in the dungeon, rather confused.

* There seems to be an extra blank option at the top of the Quality ignore menu - it has a list of selectable squelch levels but is unlabelled, and none of the previous categories are missing from the menu, so I'm not quite sure what types of equipment it works on (everything?) and am a bit scared to experiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
Just walked onto a set of stairs with a summoning trap on. Now that's cruel! Funny, but cruel.
I know these are happening by accident, but we absolutely need to implement traps on doors, stairs and item squares. They would solve a large part of the problem of traps being trivially avoidable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
It is possible that the store entry and exit fix has fixed the intermittent light bug. I have been unable to reproduce it recently, although I had seen it before, sp pleae let me know if it's been seen since 7497c1a.
I think I may have seen the light source flicker occasionally, but now it appears to happen for a fraction of a turn rather than taking up a whole turn and leaving you unable to read. (Or I may just be imagining that. It's a bit hard to tell.)

Anyway, something you've fixed has definitely speeded the game up! Repeat-until-finished tasks like resting were taking a perceptible amount of time to complete and now they're back to normal. I think you may even have fixed/improved digging as well: hard to tell with isolated datapoints, but so far this game my High-elf has cleared piles of rubble in 16, 22 and 99 turns, when before it was ranging from about 50-400.

Quote:
I have also been unable to reproduce the auto-ignore bug, but that can't possibly be fixed - more info or even a savefile would be useful.
I tried everything I could think of to reproduce it after it first happened, but I can't figure out what was special about the exact circumstances. All I remember is that I was standing in a corridor fighting a succession of monsters, so items were probably piling up at my feet, and then an Awl-pike auto squelched and dropped on them, triggering the crash. So possible things contributing might have been monster drops (of squelched items?), ammo piling up (this was in a version that still had the waffles bug: I don't think any of my ammo was inscribed, but it's possible), and/or multiple items auto-squelching and dropping while still standing in the same square.

Quote:
While talking about ignoring - with ignore by ego item type, is there any need for "excellent with no high resists" and "excellent but not splendid"?
Ooo, we have ego-based ignoring options now? I didn't even see those. That's fantastic! Yes, I'd say you might as well scrub those two options, then, though "non-artefact" is still useful as a catch-all.

Thanks for all these bugfixes, Nick! I'd say that aside from the problems with @-inscriptions the beta's now much more playable, at least in the early levels where I've been running about.
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2015, 15:30   #106
MattB
Veteran

MattB is on a distinguished road
I'm currently wearing a Leather Shield (8,+6) {magical}, but on my character screen I have question marks against all the resistances in the 'i' column. Very much related to previous comments on auto-id, I should imagine.
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2015, 19:10   #107
Thraalbee
Knight

The problem with program crash on recall to dungeon remains in v4beta-55-gff17bf8. I am at cLvl 35, dLvl 42. Most recalls from town crashes the game but not all. Recall to town always works though.
Old March 22, 2015, 19:39   #108
Thraalbee
Knight

The sorcerer cackles evilly about traps. <game hangs>
Repeatable. I have zipped the savefile if of interest.
Old March 22, 2015, 19:54   #109
Timo Pietilš
Prophet

Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Just found an Amulet of Inertia with no speed penalty. Is that supposed to be possible?
I think that is not an bug, or if it is then it is in 3.5.1 too. I have found those in 3.5.1 too, but they are so utterly and totally useless that I usually squelch them as soon as I find one. It would require a very weird game where I don't have better source for FA before finding one without speed penalty.
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2015, 20:00   #110
Nomad
Knight

Nomad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Quote:
Ooo, we have ego-based ignoring options now? I didn't even see those. That's fantastic! Yes, I'd say you might as well scrub those two options, then, though "non-artefact" is still useful as a catch-all.
Wait, I've actually reconsidered on this. It occurs to me that "excellent but not splendid" is still a useful catch-all for items that are not fully ID'd but you know can only be a basic slay/resist and want to auto-squelch without ID'ing. But I think "excellent with no high resists" can still go, because high resists are not obvious on unidentified items anyway.
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote