Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 18, 2020, 22:19   #221
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 55
Posts: 8,555
Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Mack View Post
How does it compare in lines of code? Has all the code rationalization actually paid off?
Good question - I haven't checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
I could not locate vorpal bunnies in the monster list.
They're no longer necessary because blood falcons.
__________________
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23, 2020, 02:00   #222
ravenlord
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 2
ravenlord is on a distinguished road
Latest beta only compiles for me under Linux (Devuan 3, based on latest Debian testing) if I comment out "bool confusing_blow" in "player-attack.h". The compiler complais it is defined multiple times.
ravenlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23, 2020, 02:56   #223
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 55
Posts: 8,555
Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenlord View Post
Latest beta only compiles for me under Linux (Devuan 3, based on latest Debian testing) if I comment out "bool confusing_blow" in "player-attack.h". The compiler complais it is defined multiple times.
OK, thanks.
__________________
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2020, 17:59   #224
Aldernut
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 10
Aldernut is on a distinguished road
Thank you for making this <3

This is my first time playing FAangband - and this seems to be the best version for it. Some questions / requests:

1) Does this variant always preserve artifacts? Is birth_lose_arts effectively the same option as old preserve, turned on its head?
2) Has the old autoroll (=specify minimal stats at birth) been removed entirely from this version? Can it be added back? Would you? Can I add it back myself just by editing some options file?
3) Is the old stat maximization option on or off in this variant?
4) Would it be possible to add some choices for hp gain at levelup? Such as, averaging HD for hp, maximum HD of hp, minimum HD of hp.
Aldernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2020, 21:17   #225
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 55
Posts: 8,555
Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldernut View Post
This is my first time playing FAangband - and this seems to be the best version for it.
Just to clarify - which version are you playing? The answers to your questions will depend on that.
__________________
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2020, 21:24   #226
Aldernut
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 10
Aldernut is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Just to clarify - which version are you playing? The answers to your questions will depend on that.
2.0 beta 1.
Aldernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2020, 21:55   #227
Aldernut
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 10
Aldernut is on a distinguished road
Here's an additional observation:

Many of the player character tiles seem to be off, at least compared to the FAangband 1.44 version.

For example, making a dark elf necromancer using Shockbolt tiles creates a generic armoured warrior as the PC. Other choices seem to default to this generic armoured warrior as well. In the 1.44 version, each of them seems to have a fitting PC model. For example, necromancer is this robed figure with blue magic coming from hands.
Aldernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2020, 22:02   #228
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 55
Posts: 8,555
Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldernut View Post
1) Does this variant always preserve artifacts? Is birth_lose_arts effectively the same option as old preserve, turned on its head?
Correct; if birth_lose_arts is on, artifacts will not be preserved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldernut View Post
2) Has the old autoroll (=specify minimal stats at birth) been removed entirely from this version? Can it be added back? Would you? Can I add it back myself just by editing some options file?
It is gone, and thoroughly gone, I'm afraid. Anything can of course be added back through code changes, but I'm not planning to add this back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldernut View Post
3) Is the old stat maximization option on or off in this variant?
I think it's maximize on; in any case, it's the one everyone always used

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldernut View Post
4) Would it be possible to add some choices for hp gain at levelup? Such as, averaging HD for hp, maximum HD of hp, minimum HD of hp.
I guess it would be possible, but again it's not something I'm planning to do. I feel like this is a fairly niche concern, there is a limit to how much time I have to spend on the game at all, and the game is complicated enough as is.
__________________
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2020, 22:05   #229
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 55
Posts: 8,555
Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldernut View Post
Here's an additional observation:

Many of the player character tiles seem to be off, at least compared to the FAangband 1.44 version.

For example, making a dark elf necromancer using Shockbolt tiles creates a generic armoured warrior as the PC. Other choices seem to default to this generic armoured warrior as well. In the 1.44 version, each of them seems to have a fitting PC model. For example, necromancer is this robed figure with blue magic coming from hands.
Yes, indeed, tiles as a whole are pretty hopeless at this stage; in fact they are probably the main unfinished business that is stopping me releasing this as 2.0.
__________________
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FAangband 1.4 Nick Variants 147 November 30, 2015 10:18
Angband 4.0beta status Nick Vanilla 577 June 28, 2015 01:16
Woohoo! My second 4.0beta win! Ingwe Ingweron AAR 1 May 13, 2015 22:46
FAangband 1.1 Nick Variants 483 July 19, 2011 14:04
3.1.0beta monster behavior and a few other things tigen Vanilla 3 January 17, 2009 08:30


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.