AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old October 10, 2010, 18:14   #61
Adley
Adept

Adley is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo Pietilš View Post
They don't. Same with orcs. No more shooting unless they can hit you.
It used to be fun, imagining them arguing over and over and sometimes dying due to throw boulders. Orcs were less noticeable...
Adley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10, 2010, 19:26   #62
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
STR! vs. Str: is just to indicate if you've hit your internal max or not. E.g. a human ranger with no equipment will max out his WIS at 18/100, so it will say "WIS! 18/100" in his stats. If he adds 12 WIS boosts then it will say "WIS! 18/***".
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10, 2010, 19:42   #63
Adley
Adept

Is it worth it to try killing archons?
Old October 10, 2010, 19:56   #64
Twilight
Apprentice

Twilight is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adley View Post
Is it worth it to try killing archons?
They do have the "good drop", so if you can handle them easily - sure. That said - they are very fast, they have the angelic resist all base and of course they summon so they can be rather tough for their depth.
Old October 10, 2010, 19:59   #65
Adley
Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
They do have the "good drop", so if you can handle them easily - sure. That said - they are very fast, they have the angelic resist all base and of course they summon so they can be rather tough for their depth.
Another adomer!
Actually, i managed to do them. meh. nothing very interesting, and got a little raped by time hounds. However they were worth some xp.
Old October 10, 2010, 20:04   #66
Twilight
Apprentice

Twilight is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adley View Post
Another adomer!
Actually, i managed to do them. meh. nothing very interesting, and got a little raped by time hounds. However they were worth some xp.
If by "Another adomer!" you mean you recognize me from that games community, you're mixing me up with someone else. I've never even tried the game even if I have it lying around on my HD somewhere.

I've had this handle online for more than 10 years and their have been other incarnations of it online of course, but due to that annoying movie-series this "cloning" has multiplied enormously!
Old October 10, 2010, 20:07   #67
Timo Pietilš
Prophet

Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derakon View Post
STR! vs. Str: is just to indicate if you've hit your internal max or not. E.g. a human ranger with no equipment will max out his WIS at 18/100, so it will say "WIS! 18/100" in his stats. If he adds 12 WIS boosts then it will say "WIS! 18/***".
You are right, it's the internal max that triggers that. So we need something else, maybe that color change you suggested. I suggest green or grey for "can still be improved", yellow for "drained" and light blue for "maxed" (like it is for skills at 100%). Maybe changing the stat name as well as stat value color so that drained is still yellow value with "Str", but if it is still over 18/220+ that "Str" is light blue instead of grey like it is now.
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10, 2010, 21:07   #68
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerDiver View Post
I'm finally getting somewhere with my no ego attempts. I'll probably to it after that.

At the moment, I am thinking about things no one else cares about, so my first changes may seem rather stran

[edit] But I wouldn't put in code reverting ***. I complained when it was discussed, opinion was for it, and I just gotta move on. However, that won't stop me from complaining now and then.
Oh I don't know, I think we should encourage people to revert things in different repos. I'm so fond of purple uniques I think my repo is going to have a "purple" branch in which EVERY monster is purple.
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11, 2010, 02:12   #69
kaypy
Swordsman

kaypy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
If by "Another adomer!" you mean you recognize me from that games community, you're mixing me up with someone else. I've never even tried the game even if I have it lying around on my HD somewhere.
I think its more that your avatar pic is from the ADOM community, so it would seem a reasonable assumption that you had been around that scene.
kaypy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11, 2010, 04:59   #70
Adley
Adept

Is there anything nondeadly more stupid than walking in a known trapdoor, in an uncleaned greater vault?