Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 5, 2011, 21:54   #11
perdaniel
Scout
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 47
perdaniel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo Pietilš View Post
Annoyingly there is Elessar in his findings, which means he can now use two rings for whatever he needs, but that also means lack of disen resist, which as we can see from Cambeleg damage, is a problem for him.

Gondor would solve problem with missing important resists, but it doesn't have ESP. He actually needs that Elven ring for "perfect" gear (though this is already good enough to beat Morgoth, he only lacks consumables).
Should I junk or keep the amulet of weaponmastery (+4,+3)(+2)?
perdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5, 2011, 22:25   #12
UglySquirrell
Swordsman
 
UglySquirrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Vancouver Canada
Posts: 293
UglySquirrell is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by perdaniel View Post
Should I junk or keep the amulet of weaponmastery (+4,+3)(+2)?
I'd hang on to it till all the uniques with disenchantment are dead. Especially Tarrasque. Ive never really had problems with the non uniques. Just watch out for the great wyrms .
UglySquirrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6, 2011, 02:12   #13
Timo Pietilš
Prophet
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Climbing up from hole I just dug.
Posts: 4,096
Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglySquirrell View Post
I'd hang on to it till all the uniques with disenchantment are dead. Especially Tarrasque. Ive never really had problems with the non uniques. Just watch out for the great wyrms .
Don't melee unknown undeads without disen resist (great wyrms would be Balance and Chaos).
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6, 2011, 20:34   #14
perdaniel
Scout
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 47
perdaniel is on a distinguished road
junk Mormegil, Anduril, Gurthang, Mundwine, Lotharang and Belegennon?

I made myself a simple spreadsheet to compare the pros and cons of the different items, and came to the conclusion that I can leave Mormegil, Anduril, Gurthang, Mundwine, Lotharang and Belegennon in the dungeon.
perdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7, 2011, 06:22   #15
Timo Pietilš
Prophet
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Climbing up from hole I just dug.
Posts: 4,096
Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by perdaniel View Post
I made myself a simple spreadsheet to compare the pros and cons of the different items, and came to the conclusion that I can leave Mormegil, Anduril, Gurthang, Mundwine, Lotharang and Belegennon in the dungeon.
Anduril has resist disenchantment, that is useful as swap if you don't need the speed from Ringil. Belegennon has high stealth and resist poison (and it is light), so that is also something you might want to keep for now too.
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7, 2011, 14:35   #16
perdaniel
Scout
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 47
perdaniel is on a distinguished road
Ooops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo Pietilš View Post
Anduril has resist disenchantment, that is useful as swap if you don't need the speed from Ringil. Belegennon has high stealth and resist poison (and it is light), so that is also something you might want to keep for now too.
It's to late, I already left them.
perdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The one ring Scraper Vanilla 22 April 29, 2021 19:43
Ring of speed range of values Nate Vanilla 37 January 17, 2018 10:01
Squelch Amulet of Amulet? Ring of Ring? onigame Vanilla 6 March 15, 2011 20:52
Ring of Frost [12] or Ring of Strength +4 davidonabus Vanilla 3 October 10, 2010 08:55
The One Ring curinor Variants 9 April 11, 2009 06:38


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 21:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.